13

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END

this would be their first day back at school since ocean had moved in with luke and the blue-haired girl couldn't have been anymore apprehensive. she was already worried about going to school before she started hanging out with luke and his friends. nobody ever bothered her before but now that she was friends with most popular boy in the school, people were obviously going to notice her.

she was breathing in and out deeply, tapping her fingers on his thighs as she waited on luke locking the door. the blond boy jumped into his car, a smirk on his face and sunglasses perched on top of his nose.

"good morning!" a deep accent sang, hopping into the back seat.

"oh," luke hushed, tilting his body towards ocean a little. "i forgot to tell you that cal and mike ride with us."

ocean never said anything, only nodded and watched the two boys buckle up in the backseat. she was scared now and her palms were starting to sweat. luke noticed and patted her thigh with a reassuring smile on his face.

"so, ocean," calum started. "are you sitting with us at lunch?"

ocean rolled her eyes thinking back to the previous day's conversation. the roommates had been out shopping for groceries and ocean had brought up she would need sandwiches for over the week. luke asked why, she said for lunch, luke then argued with her the whole way through the shop about her sitting with him at lunch. he didn't like her sitting all alone, he would feel more at ease if she was beside him.

"yes," luke snapped, eyebrows raised at ocean. "yes, she is."

calum frowned at the two, who seemed to be bickering through eye contact. "oh, ok," he muttered.

"it'll be fun, ocean," michael addded. "what, with our ruggedly handsome looks and hilarious personalities, you're bound to enjoy it.

ocean giggled and shook her head, not disclosing to them the real reason she didn't want to sit with them at lunch. she didn't like people looking at her and not being able to know what they were thinking. it scared her. she was always worried incase everybody secretly hated her.

luke looked at her from the corner of his eye, grinning as he turned up the radio. the soft sounds of all time low playing into the busy car.

everything else went smoothly up until fourth period. luke and ocean said goodbye at the car, walking their separate ways to class; luke to physics and ocean to art. nobody saw them together but if anyone had, they hadn't said anything. then ocean spent art, french and english sitting alone at the back of the class, relishing in the quietness of her life at that given moment.

since she became friends with luke, her life had been anything but quiet. don't get her wrong, she loved being near luke and his friends but they were so loud. like, after mikey and calum left on saturday night, they went to a club and reappeared at three in the morning, in the landing outside their flat (the floor above luke's) calum with two girls on his arm and michael making out with one rather loudly. the giggling messes woke ocean up who in turn woke luke up, making them trek up the stairs to put their friends to bed and send the girls home in a taxi. they were exhausted and that was when ocean decided that luke and his friends were the exact opposite of herself.

the bell rang for fourth period and ocean walked to history her usual way. in the passing, michael and luke both said hello and reminded her to sit with them at lunch. a large group of girls had heard and started to gasp and snicker, but the blue haired girl thought nothing of it until two of the girls walked into her next class behind her.

"hey, you!" one of them called. ocean ignored it as she didn't think the pair even knew who she was "you with the blue hair, we're talking to you."