17

luke had decided they wouldn't go anywhere fancy. just a quiet nandos on the other side of town. he didn't want to dress up and pay loads of money on a monday night when they weren't even sure if it was a date or not.

so there ocean was trying to squeeze into her white jeans when a person knocked the door.

"luke!" she yelled. "can you get that?" ocean was trying to get ready, sorting out her sleeveless, cropped black top. the turtle neck was irritating but it matched her outfit so it was worth it.

along with the top, she was wearing white skinny jeans which were ripped at the knees, black heeled boots and a black fedora which may or may not be ashton's.

she was fixing her eyeliner when someone chapped again. "luke!" she yelled, louder and more annoyed. "oh my god," she groaned when they rapped the door again.

jogging to whoever it was, she couldn't help but mutter obscenely under her breath. without a smile, she swung open the door with one hand on her hip. "yes?"

"wow," she looked up to see luke's eyes tracing every inch of her body. starting at her feet, slowly he savoured every part of her body, up until her eyes where he smiled back at her.

"hi..." ocean bit her lip, looking luke up and down. he was wearing his usual black jeans, black top and a red flannel. he looked no differently to how he usually looked but his attractiveness seemed to be magnified by 100x.

luke grinned and held out his hand with a bouquet of flowers. the blue haired girl's eyes widened and she- kindly- snatched them off of him. nobody had ever bought her flowers before- let alone a boy. she brought them to her face, sniffing in the scent. as she was doing this, luke placed his hands of her hips and pulled her closer to him. he leaned down and kissed her cheek, mumbling, "you look beautiful."

ocean looked up, into his eyes. "thank you," she whispered. "you look good too."

luke smirked, "i know."

~

fourty minutes later the pair were sat at a table, waiting on their chicken. small talk had been passed back and forwards, each feeling too awkward to say anything too in depth.

"i feel like i didn't put as much effort into my outfit as you," luke pouted. ocean chuckled which just made luke feel worse. he wasn't joking about feeling bad. he didn't want to think of it as a date because ocean might not think of it as one and that would just get his hopes too high.

"you look fine," ocean rolled her eyes.

luke sighed, rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand. they hadn't let go of each other since leaving the apartment. "yeah but you look hot and i look... not."

ocean didn't know if she was blushing because luke called her hot or because what she said next. "you look hot."

luke froze, taken by surprise at her words. he raised his eyebrows, biting his lip and he smirked. "do i, now?"

ocean's eyes widened. "no, no! i didn't it like that!"

"so i'm not hot?"

ocean groaned, slouching into her seat. she was never going to win so she may as well tell the truth. "yeah, you are."

luke giggled and shook his head. "don't worry about it, o. i was kidding."

it should have made her feel better but it didn't. it just made her feel stupid. luckily she didn't have to say anything more due to the waiter coming with their food. they thanked the young male and dug in.

"thank you for this, luke," ocean said.

his head jerked up and he hummed in response.

ocean shrugged. "no one's ever done anything like this for me before."