04

"so, lucas," calum smirked, leaning back on the couch. "what happened with marge simpson?"

luke groaned. he was hoping to forget about his whole encounter with ocean, one that left him utterly embarrassed and feeling useless. the boys were sitting at cal and mike's place, eating dinner and watching tv. but of course, luke's love life- or lack there of- just had to be brought up in conversation.

"not go well then?" calum sighed, feeling sorry for luke. all the blond wanted was to get a girlfriend that would love him for being him and not just for his status.

michael tutted, "told you so!" he sang, mouth stuffed with food.

luke rolled his eyes, picking up another slice of pizza and shoving it inside his mouth. "her name is ocean," he directed his sentence to the tanned boy who couldn't care less. "and, well, no. it went well at first, she actually talked to me."

"ooo..." calum whistled, pretending to be interested. he had never heard of this ocean that luke seemed to be intrigued by, but from what he found out today at school, it didn't seem good. she was quiet, she hated parties and social gatherings, and loud places in general.

"shut up," luke snapped.

michael sighed, realising there was obviously a reason luke was acting so hostile. "what did you do?"

luke jerked his head in the bright-headed lad's direction, frowning. "what makes your think i did something?" michael gave him a pointed luke, telling him to spill it. "fine," he huffed. "i asked her if she wanted to do something at the weekend."

"already?" michael gaped.

luke nodded sheepishly, trying to advert his eyes from his two judging best friends. calum sighed, shaking his head and sadly, "you're terrible with girls."

"i know."