Chapter 8: How We Met

Debby's POV:

After a while of watching them play, there was a break.

Liam and Dani left to somewhere unknown.

Zayn was talking to Perrie. (Yay.)

Louis was talking to Eleanor.

Harry was talking to Gwen. (Yay. Again.)

Edward was talking to Jacey.

Marcel was talking to Lillian.

And Niall and I went to get more snacks.

"I'm starving!" I exclaim, and grab a bag of potato crisps from the pantry.

"You just had an entire bag of Cheetos!" Niall said, laughing.

"Shut up!" I exclaim, "I love food!"

"And that's why we're such good friends!" Niall says, picking me up high and spinning me around. As he had me high and spinning, I saw something move in the doorway. I ignored it.

When Niall finally put me down, he had to hold on to me because I was dizzy. When I was done giggling, I looked up to see that he was looking directly into my eyes.

"What?" I say. I'm fully aware that he is still holding me, but I'm comfortable so I don't say anything. This is weird because I'm claustrophobic, and I know for a fact that Niall is  also.

"Do you remember how we met?"  He says, still looking me I'm the eyes.

"Yes," I say, looking into his deep blue eyes, and smiling fondly of the memory. "I was 7. I was on the swing on the tree in the front lawn, when you passed by and, even though I'd never seen you before, you seemed oddly familiar."

Still holding me, he said, "I was 10. I had just moved from Ireland and I was checking out the neighborhood " he paused, looking towards the doorway, but shrugged it off and continued. "I saw you, swinging. I was new here, but I thought I had seen you before."

                   ~ Flashback ~

    Young Niall approached Young Debby as she got off the swing, walking towards her house. Even though she thought he looked familiar, that doesn't mean that she should straight up approach him.

"Wait!" Young Niall yelled after her. "I didn't mean to scare you! It's just that I'm new in town and I feel like I know you."

Young Debby, still with her back to him, said, "I feel like I know you too! I just don't know from where."

Young Niall walks towards her and says, "Please turn around. I won't hurt you, I promise."

Hesitantly, Young Debby turns around.

When their eyes meet, they know exactly where they know each other from.

"I met you in a dream!" They both exclaim.

They sit on the swing that is big enough for both of them and talk about their dream.

They were both older than they were right then. Niall's hair was blonde instead of the brown it was at that moment. Debby was wearing a dress and high heels instead of the football uniform and sneakers she was wearing at that moment.

But even though their real selves weren't exactly what their dream selves were, they had recognized each other because of their eyes.

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It was such a Sleeping Beauty thing." I said.

"Yeah." Said Niall, still looking into my eyes.

Then we started singing "Once Upon A Dream".

Throughout the entire song, we tried our best at waltzing, but unfortunately, but Niall can't really dance. However, it was the best waltzs I'd ever danced with anyone. It was so much fun.

When the song was over, he bowed to me and I curtsied. We laughed at ourselves, but suddenly heard clapping coming from outside the kitchen.

Everyone, and I mean everyone had apparently seen our cheesy moment. And when I say everyone, I mean Eleanor, Louis, Gwen, Harry, Marcel, Leeroy (when did he get here?), Edward, Jacey, Lillian, Danielle, Liam, Mum (when did she get here?!), Merrily (sorry we took your kitchen) and Delilah, my nanny (when did she get here?!?!). Yep, everybody.

"I took pictures!!!" Says Leeroy, and everyone starts talking to each other about the events.

In shock, I stare at Niall and he stares back.

And we start to laugh again.