Chapter 2: A Kalos Froakie

(A/N: Disclaimer: Sorry if the last chapter was too long. I just didn't want it to be too short and leave some of you disappointed that some of the characters' personality wasn't shown at all or that there wasn't any reason for Light's disinterest in Pokemon. Anyways, hope you enjoy the story and please vote and comment if there anything you want me to fix any problems or to help anyone who is confuse on what is going on in the story.)

Summary:

Last time on A Mew Journey, Light, Grace and her Pokemon moved to Vaniville Town in Kalos from Celestic Town in Sinnoh, where Light reunites with Serena Yvonne and Shauna Sana, who are his friends from school and new neighbors. The next day, they bring him to Aquacorde Town for a surprise with their other two friends, Trevor Trova and Tierno Beni. The surprise was that Light is going on a journey with his friends, as they want to help him overcome his with Pokemon. At first he was pissed off, but he eventually agreed, after setting some conditions of his own. The five of them then got their Pokedexes and Pokemon, officially starting their journeys. Meanwhile Dark and his Charmander just left Lumiose City, wanting to get a head start on their journeys and leaving the others in the dust. What will happen now? Find out in this chapter!

Light's P.O.V. Aquacorde Town, South Central Kalos, Kalos Region-4:30 P.M.

"Well, now that this is out of the way, I think we should return home." Light said as he returned his Froakie back into his Pokeball. He and his friends had spent the afternoon sitting on the hill next to the bridge that connects Aquacorde to Route 2, which they could see the entrance to the Santalune Forest from here, and the sun was starting to turn orange, signaling the end of the day. Well, Light, Serena, and their starters had been sitting on the hills, while Shauna and Chespin was running around, Tierno and Squirtle were dancing and Trevor was taking pictures of Bulbasaur(like Trainer, like Pokemon). "Yeah, I think so too." Trevor said, as he, Bulbasaur, Tierno and Squirtle got prepared to make the long walk back to Santalune City(Trevor was staying at the Santalune Pokemon Center for the night, due to Lumiose City being a long distance away). Plus Light knew that he has to explain to his mother about his decision relating to going on a journey, besides the letter that Prof. Sycamore(his godfather and his missing father's best friend) had sent to his home, along with his friends and Dark, his bully from school. Light, and Serena got up and Serena was about to put Fennekin in her Pokeball when Shauna shouted, "Wait, everyone! I got the best idea right now! You will thank me for it." "What is it, Shauna?" Tierno asked as he and Trevor, along with their Pokemon, walked closer to her. "Why don't Light and I have a Pokemon battle right now? This way, this could be the starting point of his and Froakie's battling prowess. Plus Light might just surprise us with some creative strategies during the battle." Shauna said with a smile as she looked at Light, hoping that he say yes.

"Ok, sure. I guess so. After all, this is your big debut also. I guessing you want to show the others your style." Light said in a neutral tone(this is how he usually sounds half the time) as he shrugged his shoulders(while inwardly flinching in pain from the Peck mark he received in the previous chapter) while he, Shauna and the others and their Pokemon went to a part of the town with a battlefield, a rectangle area with a two small boxes for the Trainers to stand at, a circle with a line through it in the middle of the field, and a small box on the side where a referee can stand at, so that they could battle there, with a hologram referee watching the battle. They finally found one after ten minutes, next to a shop that sells Pokeballs. The battlefield have a set of bleachers that the others sat on and a electronic board that showed Light and Shauna's face and a Pokeball icon under it, which would change once the Pokemon is revealed, along with the Pokemon health points(HP). They hold up their Pokedexes to the referee, so that the holographic projection knows their names and can send the data to the League and other Trainers. Shauna also turned on her Holo Caster so that she could record the battle and upload it on the League website later.(A/N: The image of the battlefield below is the only image I could find on Bulbapedia. Just ignore Ash and Alain in the image and imagine that Shauna and Light are on the field with the bleachers off to the side)