Chapter 42: Battle of Light and Dark

(A/N: Disclaimer: Welp, I'm back! And I'm glad to finally announce this: I had gotten my hands on a copy of Pokemon Shield along with the expansion pass after three years, and Pokemon Legends Arceus. While I'm not that far into Pokemon Shield{I only gotten registered for the Galar League}, I'm pleased to say, you can finally suggest Galarian Pokemon/Galarian Forms of previous Pokemon for Trevor, Tierno, Shauna, Lisia, Anna and Amelia's teams, and I'll mention when they'll be included into the story. However, Hisuian Forms are a no-go, because A.) I haven't played Pokemon Legends Arceus yet, and B.) until we know more about whether Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet will be including these forms or not{given that we only saw Hisuian Zoroark in the first trailer, and not in the later trailers, nor do any of the other Hisuian Forms appeared} I don't want to jump the gun only to be proven wrong. So, until those games are released, I'll be putting a pin on that idea.

As for the title of this chapter, it's not a battle of ideologies. It's a battle between two Trainers whose names might mean such, but, really, it doesn't. As for what the battle will have, well, why spoil it in this author's note? Anyways, hope you enjoy the chapter. Please leave a comment and a vote. And as a reminder, all images are from Bulbapedia and Serebii. All music are from YouTube and their respective owners.

P.S., I've realized I've never revealed what Atrocious' Ability is. It's Intimidate, though I realized I've never actually shown its use before. So, consider this chapter as the first time we're getting it, even if the characters act like it's not the first time.)

Previously on The Mega Evolution Successor Korrina, the five friends and Dark head up to the top of the Tower of Mastery. There, Light, Dark and Serena battle against Korrina, testing their new rights as Mega Evolution users. As the battle reaches a high point, Gurkinn ended the battle.

Turns out the battle was a test to see if the three teens are able to wield Mega Evolution properly, and they passed the test with flying colors. Afterwards, Dark challenges Light to a rival battle, daring the latter to bring his 'A' game.

Now the two rivals are preparing for their third battle. However, will they be able to use their full potential? Or will they fall hard? And who will win? Find out in this chapter!

Everyone's P.O.V.-September 3rd, 2019-Tower of Mastery 3F Balcony, Tower of Mastery, Uptown Shalour City, Shalour City, North of Reflection Cave, West of Route 12, Northwestern Coastal Kalos, Kalos Region-11:45 A.M.