Epilogue

It is many months later and y/n had healed very well. The only hints that she had ever been injured are the scars leftover from where she had been cut. She, Bucky, and Steve had many long and intense discussions about everything that had happened, and explaining how they were mates, their hearts and souls eternally bonded. She was surprisingly calm and accepting of the fact that she belonged with these men from myth, and that they belonged with her.

Whenever they spent the night in her home on land they all somehow ended up in what y/n referred to as a puppy pile, with her squashed in the middle and both men's arms wrapped securely around her and each other, legs all tangled together.

Especially Bucky, who had always been so wary of humans and anything to do with them, now loved lounging around, watching cooking shows or helping y/n take care of injured animals. But both his and Steve's favorite part of the day was in the evenings when y/n had finished her bath or shower and applied the sweet-smelling lotion that made her skin petal-soft. She would be dressed in pajama shorts and a top as she cuddled with the boys on the bed while they took their time kissing every single one of her scars and uttering words of love and devotion. And in their eyes, y/n always thought, she had truly found the heart of the ocean.