Sixth Glimmer: Milky Way

.~*~.+.~*~.

"I'm feeling rather fine," I snapped. He kept asking me that for the past hour, and I was getting irritable. After all, we had been walking in what seemed to be an endless road for almost an hour.

He sighed. "Let's stop."

"In the middle of nowhere?"

I could not see anything around us except for trees. Trees and more, more trees. I could not even see a flower bush. This place resembled an ancient forest. No hint of civilization, no technology. And we were looking for someone whom we know nothing about. I must really be out of my crazy mind to endure this impossible quest.

He raised his eyebrows. "I could see you stretching your body every five minutes. You're clearly tired."

"Oh, thank you! Thank you for noticing," I said sarcastically. "But I don't want to stay in the middle of the forest. There might be animals out there that'll come and eat me unless I befriend them, play with them—"

"Befriend them?" he asked, smirking. "Play with them? I'd like to see you try."

I crossed my arms. "Is that a dare?"

He smirked again. "There's a wolf behind you," he said quietly. "Just so you know."

"Wolf?" I stammered.

"Yes."

Omg.

He said wolf. I heard him right.

Wolf!

I immediately turned around and saw a big black wolf. "Wolf!" I squealed and opened my arms. I tried hugging it, but it looked surprised and took a step back.

Deneb suddenly grabbed my waist. "What are you thinking of doing?" he snapped.

"There's a wolf!" I said excitedly.

"Exactly! So why are you—"

"I like wolves!" I said, breaking free from his grasp. "Come here, Little Wolf."

"You call that little?" I heard him mutter.

I ignored him and waved at the wolf. "Come here," I said sweetly.

It stared at me before walking forward cautiously. Deneb held my arm and pulled me back. "Are you out of your mind? That's a wolf," he snapped.

I ignored him again and patted the wolf's head. It closed its eyes, looking chill.

Deneb sighed. "I knew it," he muttered. "Show yourself."

I looked at him. "Excuse me?"

He ignored me and glared at the wolf. I looked back at it again and yelped. I jumped back and unintentionally threw my arms around Deneb. He looked at me in surprise.

Somebody coughed. I blinked. Where the wolf had been standing just a while ago, stood a guy around his age or perhaps older, smirking.

"I see you brought your girlfriend," the stranger said.

I immediately moved away from Deneb. "I'm not his girlfriend," I snapped. "And he's not my type."

"Do you think she is my type?" he muttered. "She's wild, crazy."

I was about to protest when the stranger suddenly smirked again. "Aren't you going to introduce me?" he asked Deneb.

He sighed. "Do I have to?"

The stranger ignored him and moved closer to me. "You said you like wolves, so... you like me?"

I moved away from him. "Excuse me?"