Twelfth Glimmer: Mesmerize

.~*~.+.~*~.

Stop staring, Hiraya.

I could not. My eyes were glued to his direction. He saw me looking at him, and he smirked. I felt my cheeks burn and immediately averted my gaze.

"You're so obvious," Luntian whispered next to me.

I gave him a quick look. "Obvious? What are you talking about?"

He grinned. "You like him, don't you?"

"Who?" I asked, doodling something on my notebook.

Instead of answering, he nodded toward Deneb's direction.

I felt my cheeks burn again. "Deneb?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes, Ms. de Luna?"

I quickly glanced up and saw Deneb standing in front of me with his eyebrows arched up. He was smirking, and the whole class was looking at me.

Oh, no.

How embarrassing. I bit my lip and thought of something to say, but my mind went blank.

Earth, swallow me, please.

A rumbling sound erupted from below. Before I could react, people started panicking and screaming.

"Earthquake!"

"Landslide!"

The next thing I knew, my classmates were out of the room. Only Luntian remained calm. "Pish tosh," he said, blowing his nail. "How petty."

"Luntian!" I snapped.

"It's neither an earthquake nor a landslide. It's just a blushing Star who lost control of her element," he whispered lazily.

I could see Deneb holding back his laughter. My mind was spinning. I just stared at Luntian. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out.

I heard Deneb sigh. "She must be shocked. Can you calm it down?" he asked Luntian.

The latter sighed and immediately, the shaking stopped.

I inhale and glared at him. "You're not human? I mean, you're more than human?" I sputtered.

"Of course, I am," he replied.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I protested.

"For your information, I always do. I have always told you I am a heavenly being born with utmost beauty."

"Screw it, Luntian," I almost snapped.

"He's a Star and has the element of Earth," a voice said.

Alpas floated toward our direction. He glared at Deneb and gave me a sheepish look. "I heard my master was in trouble, so I flew here."

"Trouble? She's the one who caused that mayhem," Luntian said, rolling his eyes.

I looked around and saw chairs and tables in disarray.

"Did you wish for the Earth to swallow you?" Luntian suddenly asked.

"How did you know?" I muttered.

He laughed hard. Deneb turned his back on us. I knew he was trying hard not to laugh. I glared at them.

"Are you serious about him being a Star?" I asked Alpas, nodding on Luntian's direction.

He nodded. "I thought you knew about it," he said, confused. "When he saw me, he wasn't surprised at all, so I thought you figured it out."