Fifteenth Glimmer: Mixed

.~*~.+.~*~.

I should not have done that.

I should have stopped myself from doing that.

I already warned myself against that.

I should have prevented my heart from that gruesome fate.

I should not have fallen in love with him.

He was beyond my reach. I should have repeatedly reminded myself about it until I finally understood it.

He had someone else. I should have carved that fact in my mind.

I sighed. It was not use watching him from the distance with Serena. He seemed to be happy. She seemed to be, as well.

Their tale had started, and my book was finished.

And so, my duty as the writer came to an end.

I sighed again. My manuscript was ready for submission to the Likha. Well, technically because I did not have the heart to do that yet.

This story was my creation. I created this book, and I loved it.

I could not help watching them again. I remembered my dreams. I realized I was not having them anymore since Serena appeared.

Because she already appeared.

There would be no use for me to see her memories through my dreams anymore.

Because she was already here.

Maybe I had those dreams in the first place because of my novel. Maybe it was only because I needed help to write something so beautiful. Maybe that was it.

.~*~.+.~*~.

I acted as if nothing was out of ordinary, like everything was perfectly normal. The Social Studies class with Deneb performing the lectures went on. The female population still adored him. Serena did not seem to mind. She seemed secured. And she walked around the campus with elegance, like a petal flying gracefully with the wind.

They were, no doubt, a perfect match.

I was on my way home from the campus when I bumped into someone familiar.

"Nice seeing you again, Binibini."

"Alon?"

"I'm glad you remember me," he said. "Have you been well?"

"I am. How about you?"

"Never been this well."

"What brings you here? If you're looking for Deneb, he's not here."

He raised his eyebrows. "Weird," he muttered thoughtfully. "Whenever I searched for him, he was usually where you were."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing. I guess he went off somewhere."

"He must be with Serena," I said quietly.

Alon gave me a surprised look. "Serena? Serena Diamante? The Star who has the element of air?"

"Yes, Serena Diamante. But wait," I said, confused. "Who has the element of air?"

"Serena Diamante. She has the element of air," Alon said, shrugging.

I almost dropped my books.

Air? Wait.

"Is there something wrong?" Alon asked.

"Oh. How come my ugly twin brother is here?" a familiar voice asked.