El Santo's Invitation

An excited Dante lead the Rivera family through one of the marigold bridges.

Miguel couldn't help but smile in delight at the sights of the Land of the Dead. All of the lights sparkled like jewels.

Tia Victoria noticed this

Tia Victoria noticed this. She smiled and told her nephew,"I never get tired of the view either."

Once Miguel and his family reached the Arrival Agent, he greeted warmly,"Hola! I see you bought Miguel over to see your performance tonight!"

Rosita said in delight,"We sure did."

The Arrival Agent nodded in approval and then asked calmly,"So anything to declare?"

At that moment, Imelda remembered the mysterious little girl she spotted earlier. She hadn't told any of her family members about her yet.

"Maybe it is worth mentioning..." Imelda said to herself.

Hector asked,"Mention what Imelda?"

Imelda looked at her husband who was looking at her with concern.

Imelda quickly fibbed,"It's nothing that important Hector."

Hector was surprised to hear his wife lie but ultimately decided not to ask any more questions. He didn't want to get on her bad side.

Miguel never took his gaze off of his family. They were playing a lively version of "The World Es Mi Familia".

He was not surprised to see them play in such perfect harmony. Miguel patted Dante on the head as he moved to the music on the chair he was sitting on.

Suddenly, El Santo sat next to Miguel and told him with a chuckle,"This performance will surely give Ernesto a run for his money."

Imelda stopped singing and the rest of the family stopped playing their instruments at the sight of the famous wrestler.

With one hand, Hector took off his straw hat and asked rather excitedly,"What brings you here, El Santo?"

El Santo smiled. "I always come to the plaza to hear you play." He soon chuckled. "You just never really get to see me because there's usually a huge crowd."

As Miguel offered to take a picture of his deceased family with El Santo, Imelda's face full of pride turned into one of disbelief. The same little girl she spotted earlier had appeared just within eye's reach.

Hector noticed the look on his wife's face. It somehow triggered anger inside of him. He angrily accused Imelda of lying.

"Alright... I don't know what you're hiding Imelda but you need to clean up your ridiculous act!"

 I don't know what you're hiding Imelda but you need to clean up your ridiculous act!"

Imelda was shocked and rather angry to see Hector talk to her like that. He never stood up to her. Ever...

Imelda snapped back to reality at the sound of El Santo saying out loud,"Listen... I'm hosting a masquerade party later tonight at the tower. I would love it if you all could come."

Without thinking, Imelda shouted ,"No!"

Everyone gave Imelda looks full of confusion except for Hector who continued glaring at her.

Imelda said as she brushed some of her hair to the side,"I mean... that sounds wonderful."

Imelda may have looked calm on the outside, but she felt awful about lying to her husband and concern over the mysterious little girl in the inside.