Chapter 5: Her Decision

3rd Person's POV

   ''When did she become that strong?'', Luna told herself as soon as the pain slowly resided.

   ''I thought I could change your mind and your heart just by talking to you... Now I proved myself wrong...'', Selena said then casted a magic to Luna that she lost consciousness.

   ''Nicollo!... W-What do you mean 'goodbye'?!... You can't die, Nicollo please!!!...Nooooo! Nicollo! Nicollo!...'', Nicollo's girlfriend cried very loud while hugging him tightly. Selena walked towards them and placed her hand on the girl's shoulder.

''It hurts... I know what you're feeling now because I've been through this before...'', Selena said as she started to cry.

Selena's POV

   I comforted Nicollo's girlfriend as we both cried. I glanced back to where Luna was lying unconscious but... She was no longer there!... But anyway, I let it be for the mean time. She was not that important at the moment.

   But half of me was very troubled. 'How did she disappear?! She's unconscious right? Right?... or... Not?

Luna's POV

     I woke up... lying on my bed?

     'But as far as I could remember, I was in that damn playground where I killed that damn Nicollo and for the first time defeated got by that damn Selena!'

   My bruises and scratches were healed and my arms were wrapped with a bandage that had unknown prints. I suddenly felt pain in my head and then again, I could feel the pain from earlier...

   I didn't know how I get back to my house but... "THEY will pay... They hurt me quite enough... Heh! I can't believe I was so foolish to let my guard down..."

   I ate dinner, got dressed and proceeded to that bastard Nicollo's house... They didn't expect I would be coming that night because they believed that it was difficult for an injured person... But thanks to whoever brought me home and healed me... 'Who could that be?'

~~~

      I jumped from one roof to another until I reached theirs... I knelt down and placed one hand on it. My eyes started to glow black and in the blink of an eye, the house exploded from the inside.

   I entered the house and looked at every person inside... ALL of them, suffocating and struggling to death. I let out an evil laugh as I fired a dark ray at the old woman... So pitiful...

   I enjoyed the view for a moment before I decided to leave because people started to surround the place... I even felt Selena's presence nearby...

   As I was about to leave, I heard a baby crying from one of the rooms... I didn't know why but I went to where the baby was... 'Stupid Luna'.

   She... (the baby was wearing pink clothes so I figured out it's a girl) was lying on the bed. But there's another baby, and she was laid on a beautiful and elegant crib... She's also wearing much beautiful clothes than the other... Too bad she's already dead... Heh, dead for good...

   Back to the crying little one... I cradled her and then she stopped crying... There I noticed that she's got a quite big birthmark on her left shoulder down to her chest... Poor kid... Maybe that was the reason why her own family didn't seem to care for her... She's just... like me...

   I got us out of the house on fire and went back to my house... I laid her on my bed and she fell fast asleep... I then got out of the room and sat on the couch, placing my hands on my face.

   'Luna, what are you thinking?! Are you out of your mind?! Why did you bring her here?! You don't even know how to raise a child!', I scolded myself as I leaned back...

   'I don't know... I felt pity... because we're like... on the same boat...'

   I got tired of thinking and fell asleep on the couch... I woke up nearly at 3:30 in the morning... as I finally made up my mind... I decided to take care of her and make her a great follower slash servant of mine... After all, she's related to Nicollo...

   By 5 in the morning, the baby woke up and I fed her with the freshmilk I stole the other day, thought it might be useful... Afterwards, I got us ready and went to the training grounds of the Dark Shizenes.

   I learned that there's a secret place there where the Shizenes would train if they really didn't have much time... If you stayed a year inside that secret place, it is equivalent to one day in the outside world... Made by the Empress of the Shizenes, Lumear Shizene... She named the place Lumear's Fortress.

    As soon as I got into the place, I removed the golden seals that only a Dark Shizene could do before I entered.

    Then I placed her--- wait, poor thing she needs a name!

    Hmmm... Maria? Amelia? Celine? Sasha? Ella? Tss... This is harder than I thought...

    Suddenly, a name popped to my head. It was from a cartoon character I'd grown to like when I was young... Kiara.

    I sighed and laid her on the sofa. I cleared my mind then summoned Alecia, one of my ancestors and Lumear's cousin.

    "Luna, why'd you call me for?", she asked through telepathy.

    "Well, I need a favor... I need you to raise this kid... Don't ask why 'cause I got personal reasons... I need you to raise her and teach her some basic dark magic. I know she's not a Shizene but you're too clever to figure it out... Also, tell her that I'm her Master... Tell her about the clan and the eradication, of course teach her how to read, write and--- it's up to you. Her name's Kiara...", I explained.

    "Fine... But could you summon Frederico as well? In return...", she said without a hint of emotion. I nodded and summoned him afterwards.

    "I'll come to get her after seven years here and you can go back to the afterlife...", I said before leaving the place.

    I got out and closed the door behind me, sealing it once again... For a while, I just sat in the middle of the training grounds... Meditating as the wind touched my face and made my hair swaying freely.

*Flashback*

    "It's beautiful right? The view from up here's so beautiful right?", a boy told me, while we're on the highest tower in the city that night.

    "Yeah... Thanks for bringing me here, Z---

~~~

    "Luna... We're not meant for eachother... We're enemies... We belong to the clans connected by hate... Let's end our friendship, right here... Right now... Forget about me, and I'll do the same for you...", he said not looking at me.

    "B-But... *sniff* You're the only fwend I eva' haffe... *sniff* Don't weave me pweeeaash! Waaaaaaah! *sob* *sob*", my tears fell down my cheeks uncontrollably.

*End of Flashback*

    As I opened my eyes, I realized that I was already crying...

    I couldn't remember who he is or how and when did we meet... and part... Everything's so unclear...

   I couldn't remember, yet, it hurts like hell... of being left behind... But who's that boy from my memory?

3rd Person's POV

   Seven years have passed... Seven days in the outside world... Luna had been doing NOTHING for these past days because how matter she denied it, the pain's still there...

    On the other hand, Kiara have finally grown up and Luna will come and get her sooner...

***