Departure

Roughly around forty minutes later, we were all dressed, packed and ready. Artemis gathered us into her tent to brief us on why and where we were actually going.

"Now then girls, let's get straight to it then. Zeus has requested for five of you and three from camp half blood to travel to San Francisco, where he and the other Olympians believe something is... Stirring." Artemis informed us, "Are you all ready?" We nodded.

10 minutes later, we were leaving the camp boundaries. Robyn walked beside me, her blonde hair tumbling down her back and Eva on the other side, her silver bow slung over her shoulder. Behind us trooped Katherine and Kaylen, talking in hushed voices.

"So, how are getting to camp exactly?" Robyn asked, stopping and turning to Katherine,

"Her ladyship arranged transport for us - a vehicle will be waiting for us at the edge of the forest." Katherine smiled, her hazel eyes twinkling. Kaylen nodded as she tucked a loose strand of dark brown hair behind her ears.

After a couple of minutes of trekking through the forest I spotted a black van parked at the base of a tree a few paces away.

"Hey guys, over there!" I pointed and we hurried over to it, our feet kicking up dust as we ran. We reached the van and we all piled in. Katherine took the wheel and Kaylen and Robyn took the remaining to front seats - that just left me and Eva so together we sat at the back, dumping our backpacks on the floor by our feet.

Katherine turned the key in the ignition and the engine started up.