The Discovery

As the night became colder and unnerving, Sheila didn't think that instead of dealing with one nightmare, she had to deal with one that was closer to home.

Sheila's best friend Melody turned out to be the culprit for starting the personal hell that she and Seth have been enduring for 11 straight years.

"Oh, what's wrong, Sheila, cat got your tongue?" Melody asked with a sneer.

"No way, she's behind all of this!?" Seth replied with shock as he stared at Melody.

"That can't be. I was with her the entire time at her house while she and her husband were scaring the children!" Sheila said with unbelief.

"Oh, you did, but it wasn't me."

With a whistle, a woman appeared from the darkness, and she looked exactly like Melody except that this one wore a simple raggedy ann outfit and an innocent expression on her face.

Before the clone came any closer, it disappeared in the blink of an eye without a trace.

"What are you?" Sheila asked as she witnessed her friend doing this technique with ease.

"I'm surprised that you didn't ask me that in the beginning, I'm a witch."

"A witch? You mean a witch caused all of this turmoil!?" Seth demanded as he charged towards her with a vengeance.

"Seth, stop!" the guardian called out.

"This shouldn't be so easy!" Melody said with a quick chant that repelled him back and had Seth landed roughly on the ground.

"Argh!" Seth yelled in pain while the guardian shook her head in disappointment.

"Seth!" Sheila said in concern as she ran to him, but only to be stopped by an enormous wolf that emerged in front of her, growling in a warning.

"Oh no, Sheila, just stay where you are." Melody suggested as she walked closer to them.

"Melody, enough. Why would you do this to us, to me?" Sheila asked with shock and sadness in her heart.

"Because I'm going to make sure that my family legacy still stands, vampire lover," Melody answered with a sneer on her face.

"You're a witch, so what does your family legacy have to do with us?" Sheila demanded in confusion.

"I'm sure the guardian of the blood tree has explained about the male vampire, separated from his mate?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"She was my ancestor, and her led villagers to destroy every mated couple they could find. It's my responsibility to prevent any matings that involve humans and vampires,"

"Also, if I ever find a couple who had already joined to eliminate them."

"I'm guessing that your ancestor was a witch also," Sheila surmised.

"My grandmother was a witch, and she shared the same passions as my grandfather,"

"Were your ancestors responsible for conjuring that parasite?"