The Light

2 hours later

"What a way to end Halloween, huh?" Max said with a grin while helping their dad clean up the party's remains as punishment for fighting.

"You can say that again, Max," Sheila answered back with a Twix bar in her mouth while slowly chomping the delicious treat.

"It was an awesome party, Sheila!" Melody said with a wide grin while counting her candy.

"You expected anything less?" Max chimed in with a laugh before returning to work as their father gave him a warning gaze.

"I'm glad you had fun, Melody; I'll see you later, ok?" Sheila hugged and waved goodbye.

"Bye. Guys!" Melody said while returning

Sheila watched as the hyper children left with bags loaded with candy while their parents wore a tired expression on their faces leaving the house.

She was tempted to grab and take her bounty to the bedroom but looked to find Seth sitting on a metal folded chair looking paler than before.

"Seth, didn't you get enough to eat?" she asked while grabbing another folding chair and placed it beside him for closer observation.

"I need to go home, Sheila," Seth answered weakly.

Sheila looked at Seth to see that his face was quickly losing color and that his body was shivering as if he was frozen from the cold.

He looked as if he would fall over at any minute now, and that didn't sit well with Sheila.

"Ok, let's get your bag and take you home," Sheila assured him while getting the red wagon to put his trick or treat bag in it and softly took his hand into hers.

"Thank You, Sheila." Seth gave her a weak grin revealing a fang, and as he stood beneath the streetlight, it reflected light into his eyes, which seemed bright red.

Did his eyes change color again? she wondered with concern.

------------------------------

I can't control this for much longer! Seth thought as he barely could control his hunger while being surrounded by so many people.

He knows that his eyes were a glowing shade of red, and his fangs are lengthening to a degree where it was becoming painful.

Seth was beginning to feel his instincts kicking to high gear, and he doesn't want to worry Sheila, but he needed nourishment, and she was the only one around him since they left her house.

You can smell her, can you?

Where are you? Seth demanded while looking around the neighborhood's darkness, and even with his night vision, he didn't see anyone.

I felt hurt, son

Father, I thought you disappeared for the night!?

I can sense your body calling for blood, her blood to be exact.

No!

Why did you think I allowed you to go out tonight? His father smugly asked with a dark laugh.

Sheila has nothing to do with this!

Oh, but she does. Remember when you looked into her eyes?

That was months ago, Father!

What happened? His father demanded, not appreciating his son's sudden demand.