stargazing

One night, when the clouds parted and the stars began to twinkle, Andy snuck Chucky up and along with him to the roof of the apartment building. He rested his back against the short wall that covered each corner of the roof, Chucky still in his arms. He had made sure to wear a jacket before coming, as it was fall and the cold was starting to creep in. Once settled in his spot, he looked up at the stars along with Chucky, who had been fixated on the twinkling lights ever since they had surfaced. The stars expanded as far as the eye could see, seemingly leaving no empty spot in the sky.
"Wow, this is awesome," Andy marveled, scanning the sky.
"Those are called stars, right, Andy?" Chucky looked up at him.
"Yep. And there's a lot of them, too. You don't usually get to see this many when you live in the city," he replied.
He continued to look on until suddenly jumping a bit and pointing a finger at the sky. "Ooh, Chucky, look, there's the Big Dipper!" he nudged him.
"What's a big dipper?" Chucky asked.
"It's a constellation. It's when groups of stars look like certain things," he explained. "Like Scorpius, or Taurus."
He pointed out as many constellations as he could find for Chucky, explaining each one in detail as Chucky listened to him with genuine interest, wrapped in Andy's arms and against his warm form. He could listen to Andy ramble about the stars and constellations for hours. He continued to smile and talk to Andy about the stars throughout the rest of the night. It wasn't until Andy began to speak more quietly and less often that he looked up at him, to which he saw Andy yawn loudly and rest his head against the wall behind him. Chucky decided to let him rest for a bit while he continued to marvel over the stars above.
"Hey, Chucky," Andy said softly, obviously sleepy and not completely aware.
"Yeah, Andy?" Chucky looked back up at him.
Andy looked up at the sky. "I dunno if I tell you this enough than I should, but...," he trailed off for a second, possibly contemplating. "I'm really glad you're here," he finished, yawning again.
Chucky cocked his head. "Of course I'm here, Andy. Where else would I be?"
Andy chuckled softly and ran a hand through Chucky's hair. "No, I mean, like, here. With me, as my friend. You're always there when I need you. You're my best buddy in the whole wide world, and I just want you to know how thankful I am for everything you've done for me."
Chucky couldn't help but grin enormously, still looking up at Andy.
"You're my best buddy, Andy. I was built to always be by your side until the very end. I'm supposed to take care of you!" he said happily.
  Andy smiled and pulled Chucky against his chest.
"Thanks, buddy," he whispered softly, before closing his eyes once more and giving into sleep.