I.

My body shivered. The warmth of his body next to mine was quick to disappear as soon as I stirred. He stood from the bed without a word. The night before had been wild, but the consequence was this head ache and my current situation.

I say in a quiet voice, "I'll be out in 10 minutes."

Pushing my hair from my face I reached for my blouse and jeans. I was out of his bed and in front of his mirror in one swift motion. Tying my hair up and grabbing the rest of my belongings, I followed him into the hallway. He motioned to the bathroom in which I entered, locking the door behind me. My stomach dropped when I looked at myself. Mascara smudged under my eyes, chapped yet swollen lips. I was better than this, yet here I was in another strangers house, unaware of how my friends turned out. Composing myself, I exited the bathroom and made my way to the door. He made an effort to say something, but he never opened his mouth.

"Bye Calum." My head turned away as I speak.

His morning voice, low and raspy stopped me when he replied, "Thanks Maggie."

It was barley audible, but it calmed my nerves a bit. With a phone call to my sleeping roommate and then another to a friend who was up, I found myself waiting outside my one night stands apartment complex in the cold of an April morning.

I was picked up and brought back to my dorm, a silent car ride engulfing me. Bayley, my party pooper of a friend, was the one who always told me not to go home with someone while intoxicated because it would "ruin college for me". Yet here she is being the good friend she always has been, picking me up from a strangers house after doing exactly what she warned me not to do.

"You know Maggie, I-" she started but I cut her off immediately.

"Don't wanna talk about it." I finish her sentence with my own words. Once I'm back in my dorm I take this opportunity to sleep. My roommate Colette is sound asleep, light snores coming from her mouth. I smile at her current position, arm under her head, legs slung over her blankets, and bun positioned almost at the front of her head.

Still in my clothes from last night, I get into bed sleeping my emotions away.