Chapter 1: Insomniac.

Luca tosses and turns in his bed, stuck in a dream he can't escape from, being chased through a blackened marsh by what appears to be a dark shadow of himself. He then rolls on to his back and his eyes pop open, a bead of cold sweat drips from his forehead. Luca is by definition, a physically striking, almost pretty young man with straight, silky and almost fluffy jet black hair, light golden skin with a faint smattering of freckles over his nose and striking heterochromatic eyes. One is azure blue and the other is bright peridot green. He stands at exactly six feet tall and has the stronger shoulders, upper body, narrower lean waist and slender but muscular legs that make up the build of a well trained archer.

He suffers often with insomnia which can make his depression and various anxieties worse. When he has not slept, he has a general irritability or frustration about him, a short temper and impatience which sometimes makes him restless, reckless and his behaviour chaotic and unpredictable. As a modern day child in our world, he'd probably have been diagnosed with ADHD along with a certain degree of autism. Unfortunately, this is often annoying and sometimes even completely intolerable to people who don't really know him, even to those who do know him it can get frustrating at times. Because of this and his generally odd behaviour, he was picked on at school which has left him with a general dislike for people, finding it difficult to trust anyone, he prefers to isolate himself.
He is quite a dreamer and can get lost in his own head sometimes, he's generally thoughtful and a bit of a romantic at heart but the bad aspects of his attitude often overshadow the good points. He prefers to be alone with his nose in a book, practicing his magic, pranking people, tinkering with his weapons or with archery training, he is also a keen swordsman and has recently started training in that too, not content until he's essentially a jack of all trades. He can also occasionally be found exercising or practicing martial arts. The only people he trusts are his family, particularly his father Alexander, his grandma Althea, his older sister Sera and to an extent, his cousins Shaun and Bethany.
He's a powerful mage, like Sera and his mother Eleanora but he doesn't want that to define him like it does his mother. He doesn't want to be stuck at a mages college until age twenty two or so, he wants to be more practical in his learning, teaching himself by doing and not by just reading it in a book.

(I have provided reference pictures of what I personally imagine my characters to look like. Please don't let that hamper your imagination though.)

Luca

Luca

His sense of humour is quite dark and of course, like most of us, he too has his vices, which he often falls victim to, much to his mother's despair. Despite all of what is seemingly wrong with him and whilst having a distinct dislike for most people, deep down he is a good person. He's naturally charismatic although he doesn't really understand why or where that came from. He's kind, caring and a very loyal friend to those he trusts but he doesn't trust easily. He's an enigma or a walking contradiction, a cunning, cynical and sarcastic little bastard who is simultaneously too good and pure for this world.