Chapter 6: Birthday gifts and a panic attack.

The following week, exactly five days later, it is the day of Luca and Rosa's eighteenth birthday. Luca has been out several times with Nova in the past week and they are now pretty much best friends, she's probably his favourite birthday present so far anyway. It's around nine thirty in the morning and Luca is still flat out asleep, for whatever reason, it's been the first full night's sleep he's had in weeks so he's making the most of it.

Although that peace is short-lived as he hears a knock at the door, whoever it is doesn't wait for a response and just walks in anyway, he hears a male voice.
"Hey... Luca... You awake?"
He turns over, facing away from the door. Still bleary eyed with his hair sticking up everywhere, he croaks.
"I wasn't but I am now, thanks... Screw you... Whoever you are..."
Whoever it is sits on the edge of his bed, leans over and shakes him awake, he gets irritated and grumbles.
"Hey! Alright, alright, I'm up..."
He turns back over.
"Fuck you Shaun... I was having a nice dream for once..."
Shaun just rolls his eyes and raises his middle finger to Luca.
"Hey, don't blame me... I was told to come and wake you... Grandpa's here..."

Luca groans dramatically and sits himself up, the blanket slips off of his chest as he stretches his neck and shoulders, Shaun sees his hairy chest and decides to be cheeky.
"Well... I... Was not expecting you to be so... Hirsute..."
Luca just gives him a raised eyebrow, an expression that says 'Really?' and he raises his middle finger to Shaun and replies in a falsely smug tone, taking the piss.
"That's right, Shaun... Bask in the warming glow of my obviously superior masculinity... Hirsute is also a big word for you though, I'm impressed... Where did you learn that anyway?"

Shaun scoffs as Luca then tosses the quilt off himself and gets off the bed. Much to Shaun's relief, he doesn't sleep nude.
"Eheheh... I do know some things you know? Also, superior masculinity... Are you joking?!"
Luca rolls his eyes hard and speaks sarcastically.
"Obviously... Just look at you... You're a big, strong and immovable fortress of a guy... In comparison to you, I'm a fucking weed..."
Shaun surprisingly disagrees and tries to make him feel better.
"Nah... You just need to work on your core... Your arms, shoulders and chest are very like mine just not as big..."
Luca shrugs.
"Eh, maybe I do..."
He then pinches a little bit of skin on his tummy.
"That... Shouldn't be like that..."
Shaun looks at him and shakes his head, he's the ray of sunshine everyone needs in their life.
"That's just skin... You don't have any fat there at all. You just don't have the muscle tone that I have... You have the upper body of an archer. Which, funnily enough, is exactly what you are... Just like my dad used to have before he retired..."

Luca shrugs again.
"Hah, I know... Couldn't hurt though... I think I'm going to do what my dad did, I'm going to cut out all meat from my diet... Except perhaps for fish..."
Shaun opens his eyes wide.
"Now now... No need to be so rash... Could you really do without bacon?"
Luca shrugs before putting his shirt on.
"Eh... I think I could... I don't really eat it much anyway... It's Sera that couldn't give up bacon... Or cheese, I couldn't give up cheese either though... Right, look away please... Unless of course, you actually want to see my dick... I mean, I wouldn't blame you if you were curious or wanted to compare, or anything..."
Shaun promptly turns away.
"No, no... I'm good... I've just had breakfast, I'd rather not lose it, thanks..."

Luca slips his underwear off and washes himself in the basin before grabbing a clean pair to put on, he puts them on and grins smugly, trying not to laugh.
"Hey! I've got something to be proud of right here..."
Shaun gets his own back though, or so he thinks.
"I somehow doubt that..."
Luca sniggers to himself and issues payback as he tosses his dirty underwear at Shaun, they land on his head and he literally recoils and jumps off the bed in disgust, Luca is ending himself with laughter at Shaun's reaction.
"Hahahahh! Your face was priceless..."
Shaun groans and pinches his fingers together, gripping the underwear to remove them from his head, he throws them onto the floor.
"You... Are a dick... Ughh, you're as bad as Danny... The amount of times I've had his underwear on my head... Dirty bastard..."
Luca is still laughing though, thankfully he finds himself hilarious.
"Hahah you're a drama queen... and yes I am a dick... Danny has just the same personality as your dad though, doesn't he? Like his clone pretty much? I think I am more like uncle Seb than my own mum sometimes..."
Shaun thinks.
"Eh maybe... Except by your age... My dad had shagged about ohh... Seventy odd women... including four of his teachers... He had and still does have a thing for older women... Again, like Danny... Kiera was ten years older than him... I mean yes she was absolutely beautiful and so, so lovely but what an age gap..."