reflections

If you have read 'church camp' you will be aware that I have taken a leaf out of jeonchlo 's book (quite literally), and decided to do a series of reflections as a writer on the book as a whole, and the process of writing. I think as writers this is an important process because it allows us to delve deeper into our books and bring to light things we want you as the reader to take away from our words.

This sequel was supposed to make up for the deep inadequacies of 'the proposition'.

Don't get me wrong, I will always be proud of 'the proposition'. It was my first ever fic on this account as has made me into the writer I am today, but I wish to stray away from the approach I took to that book. With this book I wanted to explore emotions rather than pure smut, which I know isn't every reader's cup of tea and I respect that. I know there are a lot of people who wished this mini-series was ot7 love interest, but I always knew I wanted to focus on the intricacies of a real relationship on a micro-level.

Y/N isn't perfect - she's far from it. And while 'the proposition' showed that to a certain extent, I wanted to show how joint blame can both break people apart but working together can bring people back to where they once were - and stronger.

Obstacles aren't necessarily a bad thing, they just teach you things.

The perfect relationship doesn't exist. You will always face obstacles in life, and it's the way you adapt and learn from these that is the most important part. You can be immature, run from your problems, or instead you can work through them. Confront them head on no matter how uncomfortable they are.

We need to learn from our mistakes.

Making a mistake doesn't make you a bad person, it's the way you react to that mistake which shows your true colours. It's important to learn from every mistake we make so that we become stronger people.

We have to grow and develop by ourselves before we know what is right for us.

It's important that we think of ourselves first before jumping into situations that may hurt us. Knowing ourselves and whether we are ready for things is very important to sustaining happiness in the future.

I hope you have enjoyed this sequel despite the fact that it was very different to the first book, and hopefully you weren't disappointed. As I mentioned before, 'behind the proposition' - the namjoon focus book - will be coming very shortly and so I would advise you reread 'the proposition' in the next week and a bit.

ALL MY LOVE <3