∞ prologue ∞

The Day Before He Disappeared
Lisa's PoV

I laugh at Tae as he tries swallowing a whole slice of cake. I dared him to do it and told him that if he could, he'd earn a kiss from me. Taehyung and I have been together for around a year now and today we're just having another one of our dates, and this time, we're at an amusement park.

"Tae, you know you don't have to do it, right?" He frowns at me and goes back to trying to eat the whole cake. I laugh again at his playfulness. "But I want that kiss!" He whines. I pinch his cheeks and smile but he's still pouting. "Fine, I'll kiss you for free....BUT you have to come with me to all the rides I choose. And I mean all of them," His face lights up and he nods.

I go closer and caress his cheek then kiss him softly. God, I'll never get tired of these lips. The kiss is soft and meaningful and his arm snakes around my waist as he pulls me closer. I can feel him smiling against my lips. He pulls away, "Baby, why are lips so sweet? I could kiss them forever," I blush and he laughs at me, knowing how much power he holds over my emotions (in a good way). 

Although we've been together for 1 year, he still flirts with me everyday as if he were still courting me. I'm used to it at this point. You see, we met through our dance club at school. He just moved schools and since he already had friends who knew he liked dancing and who were already in the dance club, they introduced the club to him and he joined them. My friends, Rosé and Jungkook, were supposed to do a duet together for a competition but at the last moment Rosé got sick and Jungkook accidentally sprained his foot. Our instructor chose me and Taehyung to do the duet despite not saying a word to each other ever and having to meet a lot to practice whereas Jungkook and Rosé had weeks to practice. We did the duet a week later, won first place in that category, and the rest is history. Jennie, Rosé, and Jisoo still swoon over how "romantic" our story is, they keep babbling about how we were destined to be paired in that duet. Rosie even jokes that she's so glad she got sick that week.

He continues shoving food down his mouth and I just watch him, having already finished my food before him. I guess you could say that our shared love for food is another reason we're together. I honestly think of how lucky I am that he liked me. Out of so many beautiful girls at my school, he still chose me. He looks up and smirks at me. "It's rude to stare you know," He says and I roll my eyes. I will admit, staring at him is one of my hobbies. With his hazel eyes, gray fluffy hair, perfect nose, and soft lips, how can I not? I swear I'm so lucky.

I take a tissue and wipe Tae's mouth which was still covered with food. As I'm doing this, he stares at me, our faces inches apart. "God, you're so beautiful," He whispers and my hand freezes. I pull my hand away and he smiles, still staring at me. I try not to make eye contact and say, "Let's go, I want to ride all the rides," He agrees and we get up and go around, choosing which ride to go on first.

As we walk around, I notice Tae glaring in another direction and I look to notice that a few guys were staring at us (or me), completely ignoring Taehyung's death glare. I interlock our fingers and lean my head on his shoulder. He looks at me and smiles, holding my hand tighter. "You're mine and mine only," He whispers making me smile. "Which ride do you want to go on first?" He asks and I look around. Hm, there are so many to choose from. "Can we ride the big roller coaster first?" He hesitates at first then sighs, "Fine, let's go," I know how much he doesn't like heights that much which is why I chose that first. Hehe.

We line up at the VIP line since we bought VIP passes and get on almost immediately, since the last batch of people just finished. "Can we go near the front pleaseeee?" I ask and do my special aegyo that I know he can never resist. He looks at me and laughs, "Fine, but only because I love you so much," He says and I smile and kiss his cheek briefly. "Let's goooo!" I say excitedly as we start ascending the rails. Taehyung, meanwhile, looks nervous. I look at him and laugh, taking out my phone to take a picture. "Lisa-yahhh, delete that!" He complains and pretends to be mad at me. I stick out my tongue at him and quickly hide my phone. As I'm finished hiding my phone we stop at the very top. I look down and my eyes widen. Woah, this is really high. I look over again to see Tae squeezing his eyes shut. I take his hand and the rollercoaster goes down, our hair flying all over the place. "Wooooo!" I scream at the top of my lungs and I feel Tae tighten his grip on my hand. We go on loops and go upside down and gradually, Taehyung opens his eyes and starts enjoying the ride with me. At the last loop he raises our interlocked hands and screams. "I love Lalisa Manoban!" He screams at the top of his lungs and I laugh with butterflies in my stomach, kissing his cheek.  We get off, adrenaline still coursing through our veins. "Where do you wanna go on next?" He asks me once we got off. "I want to try the ride with water!" I say and drag him to the next ride.

Our day continued on like that, going on almost all the rides. The last ride we decided to ride was the carousel. "Lili, can you stand in front of the carousel please?" He asks and I do so , knowing he wants to take a picture with his camera. Another thing we had in common was our love for photography. We both loved taking pictures of so many things. There's just something about capturing emotions and memories in a picture that makes me love photography so much. We finish taking pictures and we both run up to the conductor. We present our VIP passes and she nods in confirmation.

Most of the people riding this were kids and we were actually the last batch of people to go on the ride since the park was almost gonna close. Thank god, we got here just in time. A little girl runs up to the ticket stand only to be disappointed at the sign which says "closed". Taehyung speaks up beside me and I'm surprised by his next move. "Hey, little girl, do you wanna ride the carousel?" He asks and the little girl nods her head excitedly, her black wavy hair bouncing in the air. She's so adorable! Taehyung gets down from his "horse" and tells the conductor to give her his ticket and the girl runs up to the horse beside me where Tae used to sit. I smiled at her and she said, "Is that your boyfriend?" I startle at the question, because I assumed this girl was still around 8 years old. "Oh, yes. Why?" She smiles "You're really lucky," She says and then proceeds to ignore me. I really am, aren't I? As the ride starts I see Tae smiling at me and he gives me a thumbs-up. I do a heart sign with my fingers and he laughs and does a heart with his arms. I smile and think, I really have fallen for this idiot.

We get back to Tae's apartment since my parents allowed me to stay because it's the weekend anyways. They trust me enough to know that I won't do anything to harm my future. We enter his apartment, exhausted from today's activities.  "Baby, you can go first if you want," Taehyung says referring to the shower. "Oh, ok," I go to the bathroom with some PJs to change into and take a hot shower. I don't know why but I love taking hot showers after a tiring or exhausting day. It's just so relaxing.

As Tae's showering I prepare some chips and sodas for us to drink. Every time I sleep over at his apartment, we always have a movie night and it's kinda like tradition for us already. I feel someone hug me from behind as I'm pouring the drinks and I know it's Tae. "Baby, are you okay?" I ask. I've noticed that he's been off lately. Like there's something bothering him. He kisses the crown of my head and rests his chin on my head, tip-toeing a bit since I'm not that much smaller than him. "I'm just tired, that's all," He says and hugs me tighter. I face him and kiss the tip of his nose, and he laughs. I'm so glad to hear that laugh again. He smiles at me through his wet hair, his arms around my lower back, our foreheads touching and he whispers, "Even with a simple gesture like that you manage to make my heart beat faster, Lalisa," I smile mischievously. "Oh, I know," I say proudly and we both laugh.

The only thing I want in this world is to see him smile, to see him happy.

We cuddle on the sofa, me resting against his shoulder and him hugging me from around the waist while munching on chips. For some reason, when I'm watching a movie with someone special to me, I can't really concentrate on it. I'm content by just being with him. All throughout the movie he does simple gestures like kissing the crown of my head, fiddling with my hair, taking my hand and intertwining our fingers, and other random habits he does because I know that he knows I love them. He knows how to make me feel loved and safe. The movie ends and we get up to go to his room, which is now technically ours, considering the amount of times I've been in here. Don't think anything dirty.

I take in the smell of his room, and smile at how it smells exactly like him. "What are you smiling about?" He asks with a frown. "Your room smells exactly like you," I say and he laughs a small laugh. "Jagiya, you're too cute!" He says and I laugh. "I'm sleepy Tae tae," I whine and collapse on the bed. "I'll hug you till you fall asleep then," He says and lies down on the bed beside me, hugging me from behind, our legs in a tangled heap. As I'm about to fall into the deep abyss called sleep, I hear him whisper, "I love you infinitely."

I love you infinitely too, my Sunshine.

───────────  ✧《✩》✧ ──────────
helloooo, thank you so much for reading the first chapter of my book! Honestly this took me so much time to finish since I had so much to do in school but I hope I reached your expectations. More chapters to come!

P.S. please don't be afraid to give me constructive criticism and point out my grammar mistakes :)))

xx