∞ 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆 ∞

eight : goodbye
Lisa's PoV

Taehyung and I were at his apartment, chilling out. Tae had his arms around me, his head in my hair, my hands intertwined with his. "Love," He called. "Mm?" He kissed the crown of my head, "I love you," He repeats and I chuckle softly. "It's the fourth time you've said that." I state and he just hugs me tighter. "But I love you too much Lisa. Don't you love me too?" He complains. "Of course I do, silly. I love you because you're a crackhead like me." We both laugh at that and I snuggle in closer to him, his soft scented cologne lingering in my nose. It was just the perfect type of cologne, not too faint but also not too strong. "Lisa, I won't ever hurt you again. Ever. I promise." He says sleepily.

Why did you have to lie to me again?

★彡
t i m e s k i p

6 months. 6 months was all it took. All it took for us to finally crack. Ever heard of the saying 'Time repeats itself'?

"I've been waiting all night!" I shout at him across the living room after he makes excuse after excuse. It was 12:28 pm and I was in a red, satin dress with my makeup still on. We were supposed to have a date today but he stood me up. I sat in the living room the whole night anticipating him and trying to contact him but he never answered. He clenches his jaw, "Fine, it's always my fault!" He shouts back and I lean on the counter, emotionally exhausted. Tears were starting to threaten my eyes. "This is the 4th time you've done this!" I complain and he scoffs at me. "So I can't hang out with my friends anymore?" He asks sarcastically. "Are you kidding me, Taehyung? You never prioritize us. You never want to spend time with me anymore. It's fine to hang out with your friends and doing other things without me but choosing them over me when it's supposed to be our time together?" I shoot back and he shakes his head, staying silent. "I don't even think you still want to be in this relationship anymore." His face softens at my words.

"Love, you know I'm always busy," He says softer this time and tears stream down my face. "I don't think you even love me anymore," I mumble and stomp to the guest room, slamming the door. I hear footsteps as I slide down the door, still crying. "Love, I didn't mean that. You know I didn't. Can you please come out and talk it out with me, love?" He says, his voice muffled by the door between us. "Love, please come out. I'm going to make more time for us, I promise." All you ever do is make promises you don't even keep. I stay silent but I'm certain you can still hear my quiet sobs. "Please don't cry love. Come out now please. You know I can't stand it when you ignore me." He pleads and I close my eyes, begging myself not to let in. I want to maintain my self respect and dignity, and giving up this easily is not a way to achieve that. It's not that I don't want to be with him, I still love him very much of course. It's because I'm tired. I'm tired of being the only one who's even trying to maintain this relationship. I'm so tired of overthinking about him and his actions. About us. I'm tired of doubting his love for me. "Taehyung I can't. I need some time alone." I whisper and try wiping my tears.

Our relationship was fine at first and we were both happy to be with each other. Time passed by and I gradually noticed he seemed like he didn't care anymore. He didn't text me the good mornings and the good nights that I always looked forward to. He doesn't send sweet, long paragraphs about how he loves me and how I'm his world. But I shook it off, thinking, Oh, he must be busy with school or other things, not wanting to be a burden to him. But it started to get worse. He never replied to my texts anymore, he never wanted to hang out or even have a date. And when we would plan dates, he would never show up on time or not show up at all, like this time. Sometimes, we would even fight and I would go home to my own apartment, not talking to him. It seemed like we weren't even in a relationship anymore.

"Love could you please talk me? I'm sorry." I stared at the ceiling, still crying. "Do you- do you still love me, Taehyung?" I whisper. "What? Lisa, of course I still love you. What makes you think I don't?" I let out a shaky breath and try to compose myself. "You don't seem like you care about me anymore. About us." I say. He stays silent. After a few moments, I open the door, my anger starting to cool down. He immediately locks me in hug when I get out. I can feel him crying on my shoulder. I don't hug him back but let him cry. "Taehyung, let's take a break." I say and he stops hugging me and looks at me in disbelief. "W-what?" He asks, his face red with tears streaming down his face. "I said, let's take a break." I say. He couldn't see it but uttering these words was hard for me.

"Why? Love, don't do that." He pleads and takes my hands. "I don't think this is working out anymore." I explain and his face looks crestfallen. I wanted to stop. I wanted to say, "It's okay, love, just don't do it again." and hug him. But I will stand my ground. "Lisa please don't do this. You know I love you." He says desperately. "I promise I'll do better, just please don't leave me. I promise I'll improve." He says but I shake my head, avoiding eye contact. I'm pretty sure if I looked in his eyes, I wouldn't be able to take it and give up. "No, Taehyung, I'm tired. Please just let me go." I whisper and I can hear him cry. This was hurting me as much as it hurt him. "Love, don't leave me please. Please, Lisa. I love you and you know that. You know that I can't live without you." He says and I shake my head. "I'm sorry Taehyung but we need this break." I say and he holds my hand tighter. "No, Lisa, please don't do this to me. Please, I beg you. Lisa, I love you." I slowly untangle his hands from mine and start walking towards our bedroom. I take my backpack and pack up all my stuff. Taehyung goes into our room and tightly hugs me from behind. "Lisa, don't leave me please. I won't be able to take it." He says, burying his head in my shoulder and crying into it. I gently remove his arms from my waist. I face him and caress his face. "I'm not fully leaving you, love. I just think we need some time from each other." I say and take the courage to look into his hazel brown eyes that I love so much. Seeing the pain in them was slowly breaking my heart into pieces. He holds my hand that's caressing his face and continues crying. "I'll see you again, okay? Take care of yourself and Tannie while I'm gone." I say and kiss his cheek, "Goodbye, Taehyung."

─────────── ✧《✩》✧ ──────────
Fun Fact: I cried while writing this (im an emotional wreck)