Part 32

You didn't sleep well. To be quite honest, you didn't sleep at all despite being tired and you almost threw your phone across the room when the alarm went off as you flipped on your back for what seemed like the billionth time in a few hours, kicking away the sheets as you suddenly felt annoyed by the white fabric covering you. Kimberly's words kept repeating in your head no matter how hard you tried to think about something else and when you closed your eyes, it got worse as you visualized her sad smile and the way she looked at you as if she was envying you. Groaning, you dragged yourself out of bed and managed to get ready before Jeff showed up. The ride was silent until your best friend dared to ask you if you were going to do anything about what Kimberly said. A long sigh escaped your lips before you spoke. "What do you want me to do? He won't listen to me."

"(Y/N)..."

"Jeff, please. I humiliated myself in front of his whole squad, I'm not doing this again." The conversation went dead after this. Jeff couldn't push you to do anything against your will and he was certainly not going to do anything by himself because this would piss you off even more. You apologized for being rude after just a second. "I know you want what's best for me but for now, but for now I just want to stop thinking about him."

That's what you did despite your whole morning classes being a total nightmare. Not a question teachers asked you were able to answer and when you weren't asked anything, you found yourself dozing off until the bell rang. Everyone noticed your behavior, Montgomery included. You felt dizzy and sick as you walked out of your last morning class after everyone left not wanting to drag the attention back on you after you managed to stop being the main subject of the weird looks and whispers, only today you had the unfortunate idea of both skipping breakfast and not taking your pills so you were dealing with the consequences. You took small steps and leaned against the wall as you made your way to the cafeteria but the floor felt suddenly soft under your feet as if you were walking on a soft mattress. Nausea you were ignoring for hours crept from your abdomen making your dizziness worse until you lost your balance even when you stopped walking. You anticipated the moment your head would hit the floor but it didn't. "I got you, (Y/N/N). I got you." The exhaustion and sickness didn't allow you to push Montgomery away. You didn't want to anyway. He led you to the nearest classroom and made you sit as he knelt before you, concern and worry filling his eyes.

"Don't ask if I'm okay, I'm not and it's obvious." You mumbled and made him chuckle. His warm hand found its way to your pale cheek, brushing away some loose strands falling in front of your eyes.

"I wasn't." Then it was silence for long minutes. A comfortable silence during which you stared at each other, his hand still resting on your cheek spreading warmth through your cold body. It made you feel better without him even trying. "I should probably get Jeff here." Montgomery blurted out as he got on his feet and started walking away, breaking the comfort that settled between you for once after such a long time.

You frowned and quickly got a hold of his hand before he was out of reach, gripping it as tightly as you could and pulling him backward. "No need to worry him, I'll be fine just give me a minute." Grabbing a chair with his free hand, he sat facing you, rubbing mindlessly the back of your hand with his thumb.

"Listen, I..." You said at the same time. "You go first... No, you do..." The synchronization of your words made the two of you laugh uncontrollably.

Silence fell again between you after a minute. You opened your mouth to speak but you were harshly cut off by Kevin Porter who showed up always right in time. "Hey lovebirds, out!" He stood by the opened door until you were both out, Montgomery carefully holding you close to him. "You okay miss (Y/L/N)?"

"She isn't feeling well."

Porter frowned and approached you, resting a hand on your shoulder. "Do you need me to call your parents?"