Part 34

If Monday were a person, it would more than probably be Bryce Walker. Everyone hated it but everyone had to deal with it. You happened to hate that day as much as you hated the basketball-baseball-football team captain, especially when it involved a more serious talk with your ex-soon-to-be-boyfriend-again. You woke up happy though knowing that your life was slowly heading back to normal but as soon as you laid a foot inside Liberty High's halls, you had the sweet reminder from the look your best friend was giving you that you weren't exactly honest with Montgomery two days ago as you didn't mention the kiss Zach and you shared and also the fact that you two hung out a few times despite you being loud and clear that nothing would go beyond friendship and lab-partnership with Zach. "The sooner, the better." Jeff elbowed you when he spotted the jocks, Zach and Monty included, leaning against the lockers close to yours. The simple sight of him sent your heart in a crazy race inside your chest and when you got to open your locker, you couldn't help your hands from shaking at the simple thought of him getting crazy mad when you would tell him about that goddamn kiss.

You took your time taking out your books for the morning, glancing over to your left to catch his attention but he was determined not to look at you at all especially when Kimberly came close to him. You mentally cursed him and slammed your locker shut before you made your way to your first class missing how the cheerleader dragged naughty comments from the boys when she asked Monty to talk in private. Although you knew what she thought about the whole situation, you couldn't help but get jealous at how he smiled at her and kissed her cheek as a greeting. Montgomery couldn't be any more thankful when the cheerleader told him that the two of you had a talk a few days ago, he couldn't even fake being surprised because he already knew but he didn't expect her to be this comprehensive over his feelings for you. "She makes you a better person."

Before they parted ways, he apologized for not fully being honest with her to which she responded with a smile and sprinted towards her first period when the first bell rang. It wasn't long before he entered the classroom where you were seated at the back and instantly smiled at the sight of you focused on the drawing you were sketching on your notebook. Random flowers and other curved shapes were filing the page when Montgomery got close enough to see what you were drawing. You did this whenever you were upset, and he knew he did get on your nerves since he didn't text you ever since he left your house on Sunday morning. But he also knew you would understand his odd silence when he'd tell what kept him busy. "Hey princess."

Tilting your head up, you found a smiling Montgomery standing in front of your desk, hands shoved deep into the pockets of his varsity jacket. Part of you was tired of all the fighting and arguments and part of you reminded you of how anxious you were the day before when he didn't even tell you he made it to his house safely. "Hi." You simply responded and went back adding more flowers to the page. You were definitely something else to handle he said to himself before he pulled a chair to sit in front of you. You didn't pay much attention to him but that was until he carefully took the pencil away from your hand. "Monty, give it back."

"Not until you hear me out." Sighing, you leaned back in your chair and waited for him to speak. You were lucky the teacher was a bit late, so he had plenty of time to defend himself. Once he made it to his house, his mother insisted on taking him to the hospital and despite him fighting back by telling her he was fine, Mrs. De la Cruz took him to the ER. "I spent the day there and my phone was dead." He pulled up his t-shirt revealing a bandage wrapped around his torso.

At that point, you felt extremely stupid for pulling an attitude on him. You could've guessed that his mother would be a little more persuasive than you tried to be and would manage to get him to see a doctor before it got worse. "I'm sorry, Mont. I... Oh Gosh, I feel so stupid!"

"At least it proves that you actually spent the day thinking about me." He smirked and handed you the pencil back. That was how you pulled the dialogue back while at school. At this point, people were far too busy with the suicide prevention campaigns to even have a look at the two of you while you walked out of your common classes together, talking and laughing as if nothing ever happened between you. You kept thinking about how you should tell him about what happened with Zach, but you never found the right time, so while having lunch, you texted him that you wanted to get to the dockside after class because you needed to tell him something. He shot you a concerned look from across the crowded cafeteria to which you responded with a smile. "You got me worried, what is it?"