TWO

"Wake up Veah. You gotta get ready.”

Unique said shaking me. I opened my eyes getting up to get ready. I smoothed my black dress and went to the living room. I heard laughing and wondered who it could be. Walking in I saw my dad and brother laughing with Unique.

“Dad!” I ran into his open arms as he squeezed me tightly.

“Ok so am I invisible den?” Ra’nell my half brother on my dad’s side said.I untangled my arms from my dad’s body and went to hug Ra’nell.

“I missed you Ra”

“Course you did look at me but don’t worry now you’re going to see me 24/7” he said smiling

“Oh please don’t flatter yourself”
My dad came and sat next to me, pulling me into a hug. Me and my dad are super close even though he moved to England after him and my mum divorced. He still sent me and my mum money and called every single week to check up on us.

“Darling how you feeling?” my dad said ruffling my hair.

“I’m good just taking it one day at a time.”

“That’s my strong girl” he got up and put on his blazer for his suit. “Come on guys we have to go.”
**********************************************************************************

I held onto Unique and my dad’s hand as I watched people lower my mother into the ground. Tears streamed down my face and it was the same for my father except he quickly wiped them. We then left and went to go eat at Chick Fil-A. Christian couldn’t come to the funeral or the meal because he felt unwell.

After the meal Unique came to help me pack my clothes and by that I mean claim and take most of them.

“Vaeh you ready? Dad said I should come take your things down to the cab.” Ra’nell appeared in the doorway.

“Yeah you can take my suitcases down”

“I’m not your slave, donkey face but ok” I kissed my teeth as he took my things downstairs.
Unique began to cry and I went to hug her.

“Don’t cry, as soon as I get there I will facetime you and we will talk every day. Don’t be fighting in school and stay focused so we can stunt on these hoes when we graduate. You can always come visit in the summer and I will be able to show you around because I will know the place better” I smiled and said in comforting hug.

“You promise...Don’t go replacing me with no British bitch either!” She laughed into my shoulder, wiping her eyes.

“I promise and I could never find another you.” We let each other go and she had to go home because her parents needed to go to work and she needed to babysit her siblings. She left and I walked around the empty house reminiscing me and my mother’s memories. I finally left the house and went to say bye to Christian.

I knocked on the door and heard shuffling towards the door. He soon came into view and opened the door.
”Oooh you look terrible...” I laughed and looked at his swollen eyes and stuffy nose.

“Thanks Einstein state the obvious” I smiled and before I knew it a tear filled my eyes and dropped down my cheek.

“Aww! Veah don’t cry, you know I’m always a phone call away and I’m ready 24/7 to roast your crusty ass!” we laughed in unison.

“Thank you Chris you looked after me and mum even when you didn’t have to and we barely knew you, you’ve been like a big brother to me and I won’t ever forget you”

“You know Marie was like a mum to me, before she got sick she would always check up on me so it only made sense for me to do the same. Make sure you call me everyday.”

“I will.” He opened his arms and I went into them. His arms felt so good and his solid chocolate chest against my face.He wasn’t wearing a top so I could feel his all his abs, it was great! I always found Christian sexy but I knew my 16 year old self was too young and he wasn’t the type to catch a case plus he saw me as his little sister so yeah that ship sailed time ago.

“Neveah Marie Harris what are you doing?!” Ra’nell’s voice boomed. He began walking towards Christian quickly looking like he was about to throw some hands.

“Chill Ra’Nell this is Christian” I said pushing Ra’Nell backwards.

“This is Christian!” he mocked me “Ok and why are you hugging this Christian dude?”

“HaHa” Christian laughed not helping the situation."You got it all wrong ma nigga we practically family. Vaeh is my little sis”

“First of all I’m not your nigga and second you said you’re practically family but you ain’t so you can’t be touching her like that.”

“We was just hugging Ra what are you talking about.” I said.

“My mistake,Vaeh your bro here buggin call me when you touchdown, ok? Christian smiled amused  by the situation

“Yes-“

“No she won’t, thanks for everything you may have done for her but me and my dad got her now so she’s calm.”  Ra’Nell said dragging my hand down the apartment stairs. I turned around and made the calling gesture towards Christian blowing him a kiss he caught it and slapped his ass closing the door behind him, I smiled to myself; I would miss this goofy guy.

We got in the cab and it drove off me and Ra in the back seat and dad in the front next to the cab driver.

“Really Veah, who was that guy.  He your boyfriend? Cause I will go and fuck the guy up if he is.”Ra whispered so dad couldn’t hear.

“Yeah he is, we’ve been together for two years,he my nigga.” I smiled winding him up his eyes widened and his pupil’s darkened.

“Vaeh you better be lying or I’m going to fuck you all the way up do you know how old that man looks?”

“He is 27 nice and legal” He sent a punch to arm and silently screamed trying to avoid attention from my dad.

“I’m joking, I’m joking he’s like a brother he looked after me and mum,urghhh you’re so annoying” I winced

“Don’t play like that donkey” he calmed down laughing at me rocking in pain from the punch.

In no time we landed in England,London my new home.