THREE

I woke up the next morning and searched for my phone along the dresser it was 10am. My eyes searched the room it was nice but it was definitely going to get some getting used to. I climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up along the way I turned on my spotify playlist and let Drake’s voice fill my room. After getting dressed I went downstairs to go eat breakfast.

“Good morning princess,” my dad smiled placing a plate of scrambled egg and toast in front of me

“Morning dad.” I began to eat surprised that it was actually edible last I remembered dad couldn’t cook for anything.

“This is good, when did you learn to cook?” I mumbled the last bit smiling

“ Thanks cheeky obviously I had to cook for myself all these years didn’t have you’re mother to cook me delicious meals every night,” we chuckled as I thought about my mum whilst washing the dishes.

I ended up going on Netflix and watching brotherly love. Time flew by and it was already 2pm Ra’nell left and hasn’t come back yet and dad was sleeping because he had night shift. To pass time I started cleaning the house I played bashment quietly so dad wouldn’t wake up. Gyal you a party animal by Charly Black started playing and honestly I love this song so I started dancing whining against the broom-

“Nevaeh! What the fuck are you doing!” Ra’Nell shouted making me jump and turn away. I was beyond embarrassed to see Ra’Nell and 2 other guys around his age, one was smirking he was tall and was dressed nicely whilst the other was full on laughing really loud he had a gold tooth.I quickly ran to the remote and turned the song off.

“Chill, I was dancing obviously” I stated trying to hide my embarrassment. The guys came and sat on the couch, the smell of Chinese reaching my nose as Ra’Nell placed a bag of the table. I ran to him grabbing the bag and taking a container.

“ Veah man, that’s my one yours is in
Storm’s bag” I stared at him and then realised he was being serious.

“ What type of rubbish name is that?!” I laughed slapping the table tears down my face.

“It’s a tag name idiot” ‘Nell said while walking to the living room where his friends were stuffing their faces, my dad was also up eating from one of the containers.

“Yo Veah you’re a great dancer man” The one with the gold tooth said laughing. I gave him a dirty look and sat next to my dad.

“ Oh shut it and it’s Nevaeh to you.”

“Ooohh Storm got told” the other boy said laughing. So he’s the one who had my food. I turned to face the other boy while Storm continued to eat his food.

“What is your name?” I asked

“My name is Major” He smiled, I shook my head at their stupid names.

“Princess, don’t mind these foolish boys that is not ‘Storm’ it is Samuel and that is not ‘Major’ it is Micheal.” I chuckled at the guys’ now screwed faces. Ra’Nell took the remote and turned on Top Boy on Netflix.

“Samuel where is my food bro?”I asked

“Was it not you who told me to shut it and now you want to know where your food is, honestly you can starve,” he said staring at the screen.

“Please I’m actually hungry don’t be deep” I cheesed fluttering my eyelids. Samuel kissed his teeth and passed me a bag I began to eat while watching Top boy it was a comfortable silence until Ra’Nell decided to speak.

“You man what time are we going to the motive today?”

“8 sound about right”

“ Ra’Nell you have to look after Nevaeh today I’m doing night shift.” Dad said

“I don’t need looking after,”

“This isn’t Canada and I don’t want to leave you by yourself your brother is here and he will look after you.”

“Nah dad I can’t man’s got a motive.” Ra’Nell said shaking his head.

“Take her with you for all I care, all I know wherever you are she best be with you”

“ooohh I’m going to partaayyy” I said jumping up and down in my seat. “Let me go get my outfit ready what is the theme?”

“Theme?! What do you think this is little girl?” Major said.

“A party what else?” I replied in a matter of fact tone.

“Listen you man I might not even go at this point,” Ra’Nell said annoyed.

“Nah man there are going to be bare peng tings there you can’t miss this one.” Storm shouted.

I headed upstairs while screaming “I’ll be ready by 7!”