FIVE

"No stop!" I gasped and fought to open my eyes. I quickly shut them as the sun shone brightly into them. This was the 5th nightmare this week I think it was safe to say I was disturbed by what I saw at that party. I peeled myself out of bed and went in the bathroom to have a shower and get dressed. Once I was ready, I took my phone off charge and went downstairs it was 5pm and I knew my dad would be back from work soon.

Ra'Nell, Storm and Major had left a few days after the party they said that pre-seasons was starting and they needed to start training. The 3 of them play football for Manchester United under 23s and live together in Manchester they only come down when the seasons finished or they are on a break. I was pretty bored being the only one in the house as I don't start Sixth Form until tomorrow and for once in my life I am looking forward to school.

I switch on the TV and flop down into the sofa.

"A 16 year old boy has become the victim of the 3rd fatal stabbing in a week." I quickly switched channels, I was tired of hearing the death of yet another teen in my area. The day after the party Ra'Nell had told me that the body of one of the right hand men of the M.DSparks gang was found with the LS tag on his body and this started a big gang war. As a result my dad told me I was not to leave the house by myself without his permission. I didn't want to believe that this war was caused by what I saw at the party so I simply didn't and tried to forget what I had saw.  I heard the key in the lock and made my way to the kitchen to dish up me and my dad's dinner.

"Hey Darlin' how are you" He washed his hands and sat down, we began to eat.

"I'm fine just bored"

" Did you study? If you studied you wouldn't be bored," he stated his attention on his food.

"Yeah I did." I still found it weird being with my dad we had nothing to talk about if he wasn't lecturing me or talking about his long day at work then we weren't speaking at all.

"Veah, you know with everything that is going on in this area you need to go school and come straight home, if you are going anywhere you text me and let me know. I won't reply because I will be at work but at least I know. When you go school you take the 161 and get off and follow the rest of the school children. When you come home you take the 161 or 122 and get off at the shopping centre and walk home."

"Yes dad I'll be fine." I got up put my dishes away and went to my room. I watched Netflix until I fell asleep.

***********************************************************************************************

I finally finished my makeup and went downstairs to eat my breakfast I had a croissant and cup of orange juice. I took a selfie and waited for my dad to come.

"Why are you still here you are gonna be late?" My dad shouted

" I was hoping you could drop me off on your way to work." I pleaded