CHAPTER 1: A BROTHER'S PAST

Solar telling Slipstream the good news.

Astrobang playing with newborn Jetstorm.

Jetstorm and Slipstream asleep in each other's arms.

It was hard seeing the old images of Slipstream and his family. He still missed his parents and wished they didn't sacrifice themselves. But without their memory, Slipstream wouldn't be who he is today. Neither would Jetstorm.

"What's that?" Slipstream jumped and dropped the book at Frostback's voice. She quickly caught it and handed it back to the mini-con without opening it. "Sorry, did I scare you?"

He smiled. "No, not really. I was just looking at these photos. Russell helped me make something called a photo album from the images we salvaged after the explosion."

Slipstream passed Frostback the book and allowed her to open it. She gasped at some of the pictures due to how cute the mini-cons were in it.

"You salvaged pictures from your old house?" Frostback asked amazed as Jetstorm walked in holding Remix. He seemed interested in their conversation but didn't show it.

"I couldn't leave them behind. They're the only things that remind us of our childhoods before the explosion," he replied not realising that Jetstorm was standing behind Frostback.

He placed Remix down on his berth then caught a glimpse of the images. He grabbed the book from Frostback and stared at a photo of him in his carrier's arms.

"You didn't tell me you kept these pictures," Jetstorm pointed out as he gave a sad look to his brother.

"I'm surprised you still remember some these events," Slipstream said while he placed a servo on his brother's shoulder.

"Not many, but I do remember the explosion. I mean, who couldn't?"

"You've mentioned a lot about an explosion but never told anyone what happened," Frostback told them curiously.

The two brothers stared at each other. They knew that they couldn't leave Frostback in the dark. So Slipstream took a deep breath, then recalled their past.

"It was...almost ten years ago..."

The fire was growing worse, the flames rose slowly up the tanks. The two mini-cons knew they were going to explode. They had to get out, quickly.

"Slipstream!" Solar yelled.

"Jetstorm!" Astrobang yelled after.

They found the two kids in Jetstorm's room playing happily. Seeing their parents run in so quickly caused them to panic.

"What's wrong!?" Slipstream asked.

Solar ran over and picked him up. "We'll be okay. Don't worry." Astrobang picked Jetstorm up and they both ran over to the stairs. The floor was covered in fire with no way through.

The gas tanks were about to explode, and they were strong enough to destroy the house. They couldn't get out of the house in time, and the Rescue Bots were at least ten minutes away.

Astrobang spotted Jetstorm's open window, he looked out and saw smoke pour out of the windows, but no fire spilled onto the metal surface. He knew what he and his spark-mate had to do.

"Solar, the window! It's safe!" he yelled while the smoke began filling the room, causing all four of them to cough.

Solar looked at the window. She was scared of what would happen. Suddenly, they heard something fall over. She forced that away and yelled at her spark-mate.

"The gas tanks..." She said to herself. "Hurry! They could blow any second!"

Astrobang ran over the window with Jetstorm. "Throw them out, they'll be safe out there!"

Solar hugged Slipstream then dropped him out of the window. Astrobang handed Jetstorm over to Solar and she hugged the sparkling tight. "I love you," she sobbed, then she dropped Jetstorm out.

Slipstream watched as Jetstorm fell to the ground. He ran over and quickly rested his little brother's helm on his lap. He rubbed his helm in pain. They both looked up and saw their parents, holding servos and watching them, just before their faceplates dissapeared in the smoke.

Instantly, the gas tanks exploded. Both mini-cons were horrified before Slipstream hugged his brother tight. Shielding him from the blast.

After the explosion. They observed the damage. All that was left was a pile of rubble, and other things merged in with it. But no sign of their parents...

Jetstorm was in tears as he heard that story again. Frostback couldn't believe it. She had no idea things were that rough for them as kids. Even Remix stopped playing with her abilities to listen. Slipstream finished the story then sat down on his berth. His spark began aching.

"I-I-I didn't mean to... I'm sorry," Frostback apologised.

"It's fine, we had to tell someone eventually, and I'm glad it was you," Slipstream replied.

Frostback smiled, just as Crossflare walked in holding her sword.

"Jetstorm, Slipstream, Drift wants you for training," she noticed that they were in tears. "Did I interrupt something?"

"No, it was nothing. We're coming," Jetstorm replied before walking out closely followed by Slipstream.

Crossflare walked over to her younger sister with worry. "What's wrong with them?"

"Um... Nothing," Frostback replied as she kicked the photo album under Slipstream's berth without anyone noticing.

What do you think? I hope it's better than the original. I can't wait to continue writing this so the next chapter will be out within the next few days hopefully.

Starburst out.