Chapter One: Eyes

Keith tapped his pen on his desk, growing more and more frustrated. Why is algebra so. . . hard?! He growls to himself and looks around the room.

He sees a familiar face stare back at him, Lance McClain. The boy smiled flirtatiously, but Keith looked away with the roll of his eyes. You see, Keith started to catch feelings for Lance at the beginning of the year, but as been pushing said feelings away under the impression that Lance is a player and not his type. So far, it's sort of worked.

Keith went back to work, but his brain couldn't take any more math. He stretched his arm and looked around the room again, just to come into visible contact with Lance, again. This time Lance looked away as if to pretend their eyes never meant, but Keith furrowed his eyebrows at him knowing otherwise. What's his problem? Why does he keep staring?

Lance looked back at Keith and smiled awkwardly, and it was then that Keith realized he had still be stating at Lance. He turned his head without a polite gesture, and felt awkward in his skin for the next few minutes.

The bell rings and Keith sighs with relief, Finally.

-

After Keith's final class of the day, Maths, Keith headed off to cheerleading practice. Keith attends a large school, so when he joined the cheerleading club, he felt a bit awkward. However, Shiro supported his decision, and soon after two other males joined the club. Yet in all honesty, Keith was surprised Lance didn't-

Stop thinking about Lance, Keith warned himself. After changing into his outfit, which was a skirt for this routine, Keith trudged into the gym and met up with his fellow cheerleaders. He'd tied his hair back in a pony and had a water bottle in hand for breaks. They have their first major competition next week, so he's ready to go big or go home.

Romelle smiled and waved, "Hey, there, emo!" she jokingly punched his shoulder.

"Hey, where's Allura?" Keith asked, searching the group for her.

Romelle thinks for a minute, "I think she said she had a doctor appointment today."

"One of our last practices before the competition? Nice." I shake my head.

"Yeah, but you know Coran," Romelle adds.

"True," I admit. I look around again, and I see Shiro walking into the gym bleachers. I smile, but I scowl quickly to recover from the obvious joy in my face.

"Ready, team?!" Coach calls, and we all gather. Romelle is passed some pom-poms, but she ponders them off to me.

"You sure you don't want them?" I ask.

She smirks and glances at Shiro, "I know you do."

I glance over at Shiro and his eyes are glued to me. He waves awkwardly, and I nod in return, looking back to Romelle.

"Okay, then, girly," I agree.