Chapter Two: Reaching Out

The cheerleaders got into place, Keith near the far right once you enter the gym, one hand raised with a pom-pom and the other hand to his waist with a pom-pom.

The team began to cheer, stomping and clapping and moving into the tricky positions, "A-L-T-E-A, HERE WE COME TO SLAY! QUEEN AND KING, FRONT AND BACK! ALTEA PREP PLANS TO ATTACK!"

The team continued to chant, pointing every which way and started doing flips and complicated acrobatic tricks. The team was talented, granted they had won three championships under the same coaching. Keith, being a sophomore, hadn't joined the team before, but is a force to be reckoned with, his scary attitude and talent dominating the gymnasium.

During their scheduled routines, some of which involved Keith changing his outfit, Shiro stared. He watched Keith in ways that made him blush when he realized it. He admired Keith's talent and grace, and his shockingly gorgeous features, and his skirt when it-

See, like that. However, not for a moment did Shiro's eyes look away, for he feared missing any single moment Keith would be dazzling.

After the first hour of practice, the team won a five-mimute break.

Keith "trotted" to the first bench stands, where his waterbottle was, and uncapped it, gulping a large drink. When he was finished he put it back down and sat for a break, forgetting that Shiro was in the stands behind him. Shiro stepped down, making his way next to Keith.

"Hey," he started.

"Hey," Keith replied back, not looking at his old friend. "Why are you here?"

"Just came out to see how you guys will win this year's competition," Shiro smiled.

Keith chuckled, "I dunno, the Titans are pretty strong competition. So are the Green Panthers."

"You could win if you want to bad enough," Shiro advised.

Keith nodded, and looked at Shiro with a faint smile, "Yeah, thanks, Shiro."

-

After practice, Shiro and Keith said goodbye. Keith was in his usual clothes, walking home. He pulled out his phone as he waited at a bus stop, deciding he was too tired to jog.

Phone Messages

Unknown Number: Is this Keith?/ This is Lance

Keith: How did you get my num?

Lance: Shiro gave it to me

Keith cursed Shiro under his breath.

Keith: So what do you want?

Lance: to be friends

Keith rolled his eyes.

Keith: oh yea? & is that all?

Lance: yep! So, wanna get 2 know each other?

Keith: whatever

Keith shook his head. He should've just said no.

Lance: yay! So what's your favorite color?

Keith: red

Lance: Like the... blood of ur enemies?

Keith smiled faintly with a chuckle.

Keith: more like your blood

Lance: *is scared but doesn't show it*

Keith rolled his eyes again at Lance's response.

His bus rolled up, and he slipped his phone in his pocket, not caring to tell Lance it'll be a while until he replies.