Chapter Three: The Phone Call

Keith was bobbing his head to EXO - Monster on his phone when he got a call that interrupted his listening.

Keith scowled and picked up his phone, Coran on the line.

"Hello-?"

"Keith! Is that you?" Coran nearly shouted.

Keith rolled his eyes, "Yes, Coran, who else would it be?"

"Allura's on hospital rest! She received bad results at her doctor appointment," Coran plans.

Keith sat up straight, "What room number?"

"Five," Coran replies.

"Be right there," Keith assures, and getting up to grab his jacket and throw his shoes on.

"Thank you, Keith!"

-

Keith stomped into Allura's bedroom. She was sleeping, but he wasn't the only one there. Coran, of course, was there, but was sleeping next to her in a chair. Keith felt sleepy too, given the late timing, and yawned, but stayed awake of course. Next to Coran was Romelle, who's eyes were droopy. Lance and Shiro were by the door, next to Keith when he walked in, arms folded and looking extremely concerned. No one else had arrived yet.

"How is she?" Keith turns to Shiro and Lance expectantly. "What's even the problem?"

"She's been fighting cancer," Lance pipes, not looking at Keith but staring at Allura.

Keith takes a step back, his face drops, and he looks at his friend's body hooked up to wires and other tools. He hadn't even noticed the heart monitor.

"I... had no idea," Keith confesses.

Shiro puts a hand on Keith's shoulder, but Keith brushes it off angrily and stomps out of the room.