Chapter 7# The Note...

It had been a month since the Husks and Musks attacked.

After that, none of us heard or saw any signs of the Necromancer and the Demon Warlock.

Even though everything returned to normal...

Everyone was still a bit on edge.

As for us...

Let's just say...

Kagekao and Jack were right.

Slender's treatment was brutal...

Over the last month, he continued to assault our mind daily with his influence.

Until finally...

Your POV

"Alright. we're done here" Slender says to the both of us, he unlocks the chains around our necks.

"As I've mentioned this was not just a punishment, by fighting against my influence in such close quarters, you've been able to build up a tolerance to mental attacks." He says.

" I suggest cleaning yourselves up and getting some rest, we have a big day tomorrow," Slender says calmly.

"Thanks, Slender," I say tiredly.

"Thank you, Slender," Ani says.

" It's clear to me you are more of an asset than a threat. With everything that has happened, this is a satisfying outcome." Slender says.

Ani and I make our way back to the house where everyone else is at. Waiting for us to return home. Ani opens the door, she looks like she's in deep thought. Sally jumps out of nowhere and gives Ani and I a big hug crying.

"Ani, Y/n! We missed you! You're all better now, right? Slendy fixed you?" She says crying.

"He did, I missed you too, Sally." Ani and I say.

"Good to have you back, Ani, Y/n. It's been a crazy month." Jane says. I was surprised, I missed that much?

"I missed that much?" Ani says.

"Kind of. But we can talk about it later. For now, you should get some rest." Jane says to both of us.

"Right," I say.

I hug Ani to reassure her that I was glad she was here with me and that she did good fighting Slenders influence. We separated into our rooms. I just realized what I forgot to ask Jane.

"Shoot... I forgot to ask about what's happening tomorrow. Oh well." I say out loud. I walk in my room to see there are nicely folded clothes on my bed.

"Huh? Cloths?" I say curiously.

"There's a note..." I say.

I read the note to myself.

I snagged these two missions ago. Sorry if they don't fit you. I don't know your size.

- Kage

I smile at his kindness. No one has ever done this to me before. Thanks, Kage.

"Hey there, outsider..." I heard Kagekao say from behind me."

"Thanks for the cloths. You didn't have to do that for me you know..." I say.

"I know, but I figured they'd be better suited for missions," Kage says.

"True, I guess what I have now isn't exactly practical," I say giggling a bit.

Kagekao's POV

Those bruises...

You were chained up too...