Chapter 3: Ordinary

K A I

The general assembly for today ended at around eleven in the morning to give way for another useless event.

A university-wide organizations exposition is being held in one of the university playing fields and I just realized how huge the population in this school is. I could hardly even have a nice stroll around the campus to note some important places because the grounds are just completely packed with human beings. I walk through the sea of people, almost always bumping shoulders with strangers who would glare at me for being 'stupid' and for 'not watching where I'm going'. Well, f*ck you. You could all just die.

After walking around and escaping students who would try to drag me to their recruitment booths, I finally found a familiar face. His recently dyed hair stands out among the audience of the soccer tryouts and he sits unbothered on top of the stands, arms crossed over his chest as he watches the field. Quickly, I climbed up the tiered seats to settle beside him.

"Man, I'm tired," I sighed and wiped some sweat from my forehead. "You watching Key's tryout?"

"Not really," Chanyeol answered. "It's just more peaceful here."

I gave him a funny look. "You want peace?" I mocked. "Why not run to Baekhyun? He'll surely give you the most peaceful atmosphere ever," I chuckled and Chanyeol just gave me a glare. He obviously hasn't gotten over the bus incident yet although it has been hours ago. I could tell just how much that Archangel affects him and I would have loved to tease him more about it if not for that fact that he's apparently not in the mood for any of that. And I could get seriously hurt.

Unlike me, I can say that Chanyeol's ability as a Fallen is far more aggressive and dangerous. What happened a while ago with the school bus is mostly his doing. He mainly takes lives. Untimely deaths. Painful demise. That's what he does for the Devil. He simply... kills. And his ability is another reason why he always clashes with Baekhyun. Baekhyun guards life, especially the weak ones— the children, the sick— but Chanyeol preys on them. Therefore, the two beings just end up having to fight in the end. Nothing physical, though. Just a battle of mind and power.

Chanyeol shifted on his seat but didn't say anything else. Geez. Just the mention of the said Archangel immediately drives him to silence, huh? Human Chanyeol is just so f*cked.

"By the way," I cleared my throat. "Did he talk to you already? Baekhyun, I mean."

"He tried. During the assembly," he answered, his frown deepening as he half-watch the soccer game. "But I left before he could even start speaking. I don't want to hear another lecture from an Archangel. They make me puke." Huh? Does he mean literally? Or figuratively? I can't really tell if Chanyeol's the one talking. And besides, it's Baekhyun. It's not possible the Archangel's presence makes him puke.