Chapter 4: Truths

B A E K H Y U N

It didn't take me too long to find him. After what he did, I figured Chanyeol would want to get lost in this sea of people, trying to blend in and hide. He's holding a stick of cotton candy as he walks calmly around the field and between booths, one hand inside the pocket of his jeans. He doesn't even like sweets like I do. Unlike with other Fallens and Archangels, there's no uncomfortable feeling whenever I'm around him or Jongin. It's just plain... us. And sometimes, I do not know what to make of it.

I just followed him closely around the chaotic field, noting how he doesn't touch the cotton candy he's holding as he stoops low to read club fliers as if he's interested. Chanyeol's silver hair stands out like a sore finger and I wouldn't blame the human females throwing him flirty glances. But he's wearing a pitch black shirt and camo pants plus boots— And by the way he looks at everyone with disgust, he definitely looks like someone who would take your heart and just break it. Why do a lot of girls dig that?

Without warning, Chanyeol suddenly stopped walking and being the careless deity that I am, I bumped directly on his back. "Ow," I muttered as I clasp my nose which most probably hit his spine. Well that hurt.

"What the f*ck?" Chanyeol hissed as he turned to look at me. He doesn't look the least bit surprised, so I guess he knows I'm following him. "You just don't give up, do you? What an annoying sh*t." After giving me another steely glance, he started walking away again and I did what I could to follow him. I mean, his words don't really hurt me anyway. Because most of the time, he really doesn't mean them...

Or maybe he does. I don't know. I just have my hopes up.

I walked faster. "Wait—" I held the back of his shirt between my grip and the action made both of us just freeze. Uh-oh. I don't think Chanyeol would like me anywhere close to him now. With a gasp, I withdrew my hand immediately and just contented in covering my nose with both palms. It still seriously hurts and I'm pretty sure it's swollen. "I'm sorry..." I murmured as I glanced up at him shyly. He's still not looking at me and even from my view, I can see how Chanyeol's jaw tense, forcing himself to calm down.

He must really, really hate me right now.

"What do you want?" he asked in a low voice.

"I-I... I just want to talk," I said truthfully. "You can't go around killing other—"

Chanyeol whipped his head towards me in anger and I can't help but squeeze my eyes shut and bite my lip in fear, waiting for the blow. Is he going to punch me? "What the f*cking hell, Baekhyun—" he hissed. "Say it louder, won't you? I don't think everyone heard you yet," he muttered sarcastically. When I opened my eyes to look up at him, I realized he's not really going to hurt me. Yet. But Chanyeol's still glaring at me bad so I don't think he's not not pissed.