Chapter 5: Conflicts

K Y U N G S O O

Being with Suho Kim was like being with two sides of a tape. They may be the same tape, but they are totally different-- In content and personality. Right now, I do not know who I'll be facing as I walk towards him, my small and slow steps making his frown even deeper. Even with all these people, I feel scared.

I turned to give Kim Jongin a quick glance. He's still sitting on that old bench in his army green sweatshirt and black pants, watching the scene unravel with his piercing brown eyes. I cannot read his expression nor do I have any idea as to what he is thinking. His face is blank most of the time. The only things indicating he's feeling something are his eyes.

With a resigned sigh, I looked forward again. Suho has his gaze fixed on me and although he's wearing a small smile on his face, I cannot help but feel a chill run down my back. His voice a while ago was so angry. I looked around the field. There's a lot of people. Maybe I'm safe. For now. But what does Suho want this time?

I lifted my eyes to his. "Hey."

"I dropped by your dorm room this morning," Suho started and his voice is light and calm. "I wanted to get breakfast with you. But your roommate denied that you're there."

And then there it is again. That edge in his voice.

"He didn't deny, Suho," I said, my eyes narrowing at him. "I really left the dorms early."

Suho scoffed like he still doesn't believe me. "Well, whatever. You're here now," then he grabbed my wrist and started to head towards the cafeteria building. "Let's go get lunch."

"Wait--" I pulled free from his grip. "I-I have plans, Suho," and as the terrifying encounter flashed across my eyes, I can't help but run my palm over the sleeve of my shirt covering the scars he made. They still sting when touched. I swallowed and continued, "Besides... I don't want to be alone with you right now," I murmured and Suho's eyes fell on my arm and then back to my face.

He gave out a heavy sigh. "I told you I was sorry," he ran a hand through his hair, the calm façade he's been keeping starting to fall apart. "I lost control, Kyung. That-- That wasn't me, I swear! I-I was having a hard time when you tried to break up with me--"

"We broke up, Suho," I said through gritted teeth. "We're over."

Suho's eyes flashed and he grabbed one of my arms, pulling me to him so he could look me straight in the eyes. "No," he said in a low, controlled voice. "You can't leave me, Kyungsoo. You can't, and you know that. You have no one. No one but me." His eyes bore into mine and we're suddenly trapped in an angry staring contest I don't care losing.