21

Y/n ran to the lake, not knowing where else to go. She stood at the edge of the deck and stared at her reflection. She broke down falling to her knees. She held her head in her hands. She ran her hands through her hair as she cried. The pain in her heart grew too strong.

You were supposed to be there for them.
You were supposed to be the one to look out for them.
You were the one that promised you'd protect them.
You lied and they died.

Screamed as hot tears flowed down her cheeks.

You couldn't do the one thing that you promised.
You couldn't protect Johnny, you left him that night.
You couldn't protect Dally, you let him run away.
You couldn't protect your own family like had you promised.
You lied and they died

Y/n felt and a hand on her shoulder, it was Sodapop.

Looking at Y/n, he did not see Y/n. He saw someone who was broken, heart shattered and just had the life ripped out of her. Her cheeks were red and tear-stained. Eyes bloodshot from crying. She bit her lip in an attempt to hold in the tears. Soda dropped down beside her and just gently wrapped his arms around her. Y/n sunk into his arms as she cried into his shoulder.

"I promised them I would protect them...and I didn't. I didn't Soda, I lied." She cried.

"No, no you did. You did protect them. What happened to them, it was out of your hands." He said stroking her hair.

"If I would've stayed with Pony and Johnny that night, Dally and Johnny would be alive. But I just had to leave."

"Hey," Soda said pushing her off his shoulder so he could look her in the eye. "Stop blaming yourself. Because you didn't know that this was gonna happen. No one did."

"But I could've prevented it. Soda...Johnny and my little brother would still be alive if I would've just stayed...but I just had to go leave with Two-Bit."

"Don't blame yourself for being in love okay?"

"But if it wasn't for me being blinded by love, we wouldn't have lost a part of our family. I-I'm not gonna be able to even look at my own reflection because of that. I can't continue on in life while Dally and Johnny don't."

"You know, in situations like this, some people say I know how you feel. Most don't actually know, they're just saying that so you could possibly feel the slightest bit better and have more comfort. But there are rare few who actually know how you feel. I know how you feel Y/n. When my parents died...I blamed myself, I had nothing to do with how they died, but that didn't stop me from feeling guilty. I felt lost and as if I had no one there for me anymore. I felt as if a part of me died with my parents. I was hurting, a complete mess...I didn't want to live anymore either. But there was someone who helped me. They were there for me when I felt like no one else was. They would hold me in their arms and let me cry and tell me that they'll always be there for me. It was hard for me to let them in because I was so hurt, but I'm glad I did."

Soda lifted Y/n's head up so he could look her in the eye. He moved a piece of her hair from out of her face and tucked it behind her ear as he smiled softly.

"That person was you. You were there for me in my darkest and lowest moment...let me be there for you. This has nothing to do with me wanting you, as much as I want us to happen, this is not about that. My point is...me and you, we've been through some shit, you worse than me...but we both lost two people who meant the world to us. You helped me and gave me hope when I thought that there was no hope. Let me be there for you, let me in and help you. You practically saved my life, let me save you. Because I know in my heart that if I didn't come and find you, you'd be joining Dally and Johnny."