Chapter 12

The next day

I got up off my bench that I had spent the night sleeping on. It was rough and hard, but felt familiar to me. I grabbed my bag and made sure that my money was still in there, just incase someone else had stolen it while I was sleeping. There was £26, enough to get me to Havana and get some food.

I ran over to the docks to get on the boat, but before I did, I looked into the far distance. I could see the brotherhood castle. I closed my eyes and thought 'I'm sorry Theo, but I have to go. I can't stay in this country any longer'. I opened my eyes, paid my fare and was escorted through the boat. There were tears in my eyes, but I hid them well underneath my hood.

The boat set off from the dock after half an hour of boarding. It was so full, but I was all alone, wondering whether I'd made the right choice or not. Maybe I should have stayed with Theo, maybe I should have trained and stopped the war, but maybe not. "Jamie, is that you?" Came a voice from the distance. A girl, no older than me with blonde curls came to sit next to me. She was a friend of mine in my primary school for a while. "Apparently, you left your secondary school and no one knew where you went . Is it true?" She asked. I pulled my hood further over my head, to show I didn't want to talk to her, but she didn't take my hint. "Do you have a boyfriend, I do, he's called Theo..." At that point I lost it. "Do I care? No! I'm trying to get away from a Theo and you're making it a billion times worse. I don't want to talk to you, so go away. Europe I really flip out on you!" I yelled at her. She backed away shariah, and people started looking at me. I ran off the deck, just wanting to be alone. I was starting to miss Theo.

I was still sat in my room for two hours, until I heard a loud, unmistakable, little girl scream, along with a clunk. I ran our my room and heard only the word 'PIRATES' being yelled by everyone. I ran in the opposite direction to everyone else, who were running to the lifeboats, but no one else seemed to mind, more space for them. I was running to the pirates. Once I had run past all the people, I pulled out my hidden blade, so I would be prepared, but I was scared I could die. I had seen things in newspapers, most pirates had guns and rifles, and I had a small blade attached to my wrist.

I got up onto the deck. It had been wrecked in the space of two minutes, and I could see they were ruthless. Dead bodies were strewn on the floor, like socks in someone's bedroom, and blood was splattered all over the floors. Wherever I looked, pirates were drinking smoking, or trying to shoot people. It was terrifying. Suddenly, I heard some one creep up behind me. I quickly turned and snapped his neck, which made him scream in pain. He had attracted more pirates, and I was how hopelessly outnumbered. Pirates surrounded me, welding weapons much bigger than my own. I felt like I should surrender, but the adrenaline inside me told me to fight. I ran at the first pirate and stabbed him right in the chest. I flipped off his body and landed on top another pirate, and slashed through his back. I threw his body into another pirate who was leaning against the railings, making him topple into the water. His sword flew through the air and I caught it, before throwing it at another pirate, and running at him, slashing the throats of other pirates. I took the sword out of his face and did a crouch-spin, cutting deeply into the legs of the last two pirates, before taking one of their guns and shorting him in the head. I stood up, covered in blood, but slightly proud of myself.

I ran around the corner, hoping to only see one or two pirates. I was wrong. Twenty or so pirates stood in front of me, all holding guns pointed at me. I tried to run quickly past them,put two men came out of nowhere and held my arms back, so I couldn't move them. I tried fighting and struggling, but it was no use. "Well girlie, you've caused us a lot of trouble, haven't you?" A voice said. It was a man, in his late twenties, it sounded like. "Who are you? I demand by order of the Brotherhood of Assassins you show your face!" I yelled out. That was a mistake. "An assassin? Bring her here, and bring a gun too" he exclaimed to his men, who did that. I was harshly walked to the brig. He was six foot tall at least, with dark brown hair covering his face, but there was something slightly weird about him. He wore old assassins clothing, like from the 1600s. "you recognise this then. It's a family heirloom. It started with a man called Edward Kenway, and it's been passed down through the family. You have a bit of a reputation too. I knew who you were because of your voice. I have a proposition for you. Either join the people in that boat, ho, by the way, will provably all die, or stay with me, become a pirate, and you teach me the ways of an assassin" he gave me as an ultimatum. What choice did I have? "I'll join you, and be a pirate, just don't treat me like a prisoner, please" I pleaded. "Fine, let her go" he said to the brutes holding me. They almost dropped me, and I fell to the floor, barely conscious. "Welcome to a pirates life" the man said to me, smiling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! What a return for Jamie! The two votes were that Jamie leaves the UK and becomes a pirate, so that's what I've done! If you want a part in the story, or you want to tell me anything about it, please comment or message me, and I'll respond. I'll see you next update!