Chapter Fourteen - Final

After the concert, my bandmates were bombarding me with questions I couldn't keep up with. I tried my best to answer them, but I was tired after the show and had little to no energy. Mike noticed this and asked if he could help me explain to the band, I let him take over.

"So Ches went through something horrific in his childhood. You guys don't really need to know as much as you're asking. You just need to know it hurt him so deeply it still affects his behavior. He has a lot to focus on now, I don't think his parents even knew about this, so support him with everything you can," He simply said and the others left it at that. I forgot about my family hearing my confessing until then and my heart began to race. Mike grabbed my hand and gave it a soft squeeze, soothing me. "Can I please talk to Chaz alone?"

"Yeah, dude, no problem," Phoenix spoke for the rest of them and left the room, Brad and Joe behind him.

"Hey, Mike, we should change rooms. You know the most details about what Chester's dealing with, you should stick close to him. I'll pack up your things from Brad's room," Rob said softly with a smile before following the others. Mike was clearly beaming.

"I'm really proud of you, I hope you know that. You're going to be dealing with a lot of questions from everyone about this - quite a bit for a little while, but I'll be here though. I'll explain what you can't when you need to. When your family finds out and starts asking you, I'll tell them a little about it for you. I promise I won't go into detail, I'll leave it vague. I'll be your voice since yours is busy helping everyone else," He starts and I smile, tears running down my face. He grins back and pulls me into a hug. "All of this is over, you're free from that torment."

"I really hope so," I sighed a little bitterly. "No matter what happens, I'll always have these memories though."

"That's okay, you went through something horrible, but the point is that you have power over it all now. You're going to change big time - for the better. I'm hoping you might change in a different way too, though..." He trailed off, I couldn't understand what he was saying.

"What do you mean?"

"Chester, since this short tour started I started growing really attached to you. I've always had these feelings, but I didn't quite understand them until you started opening up about everything and I'd comfort you. I realized while holding you in my arms that I desperately needed you there, I need to hold you - even if it's just your hand. When you were having nightmares, I'd kiss your head when you woke and you'd seem to soothe, I realized you needed me too. We aren't just each other's halves on tour, it's all the time. I know what you went through may dictate how you feel, but I have nothing to push my emotions away. You've been so open and honest with me about everything, I need to return the favor.

I love you," He concluded simply and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I appreciated Mike so much for everything he did and admittedly enjoyed when we cuddled, held hands, and when he'd kiss me. He answered the question I was silently asking myself every time we grew closer.

"I..." I wasn't sure what to say, I knew Mike wouldn't mind either way. Had I said I didn't love him, he would've still been my best friend - that's the kind of guy he is - but I do think I love him.

"You don't have to respond now, I just felt you needed to know. You don't have to say anything about this confession ever if you don't want to," He once again doesn't push me, like he always did. The more I thought about it, the more sure I felt.

"I think I love you too," I admitted a bit shyly and he broke into a wide smile. He hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"I would love to believe that, but let's ease into it if we're going to explore that. I can't ever hurt you, ever. I won't step out of line, we do it the right way or not at all," He swore and held both of my hands in his. We make eye contact and I could tell he wanted to kiss me, but that would go against his promise. His fought against the instinct until I looked from his eyes, to his lips, then back to his eyes. I licked my lips.

He leans in and I meet him halfway, our lips interlock, it feels like fate. Butterflies erupt in my stomach, my heart thudding loudly in my chest. He pulls away, his cheeks a light red. The short kiss was still intense enough to make me light headed. I realize it was meant to be and smile broadly.

"I really love you, Chester."

"I love you too."