Chapter 1

The door opened with a bang and in the opening stood a flushed Kim Heechul. He walked inside and sat down on the floor in front of his best friend. Kibum looked down at him from his chair, an eyebrow raised in question.After two minutes, Heechul hadn't said a word; he just sat and looked at his hands in his lap. Finally Kibum spoke "You know, when you charge into someone's room like you just did, there is usually something you want to tell them. And judging by your face, you really need to get it out" he said and reached forward to pat his best friend on the head.

Heechul didn't move "I... I... I'm in love... I think..."
Kibum was not surprised at first, Heechul was like this every other week or so. But what was unusual was the look on Heechul's face. His best friend always beamed with confidence and self-awareness. But now he looked like he had been defeated in his own game and there was confusion all over his face. And then, Kibum got really worried, 'cause Heechul opened his mouth and spoke the words Kibum had thought he could had put money on Heechul would never say.
"What do I do?"

*****

Donghae opened the door, laughing at something Hyukjae just said. They stepped inside and Donghae observed that the door to Jungsu's room was closed, meaning he was home. He gave Hyukjae's cheek a quick peck and said "I'll check if Leeteuk wanna have lunch too and get my wallet and then we can leave okay?"
Hyukjae smiled "Sure babe"

Donghae knocked on the door and opened it, sticking his head inside. He saw his best friends shape on the bed, not moving. He carefully went inside to see if he was sleeping and in that case lay a blanket over him. Jungsu was laying on his stomach, head buried in the pillow with his arms over his head. As soon as Donghae reached the bed he could hear small sobs coming from the pillow. He immediately got worried and sat down next to Jungsu's body on the bed and started to stroke his hair "Me and Eunhyuk are gonna go into town and have some lunch" he said softly "Do you wanna come?"
There were no words, just a slight shook of the head.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
The head shook again
"'Cause we can get lunch some other day, I can stay if you want"
Jungsu's raised his head a little so the other could hear what he was saying "No you go, I'll be fine" that was a lie Donghae clearly understood. Jungsu's voice was drenched in pain and unhappiness; he knew something bad must have happened.
"I'll be right back" he said and got up.

He went out to the waiting Hyukjae who frowned at Donghae, seeing clearly on his boyfriends face that something was up "What is it?" he asked a little worried.
"Leeteuk is crying and I think something bad has happened. Is it okay if we get lunch some other day?
Hyukjae smiled and kissed his boyfriend sweetly "Of course we can dear; your best friend clearly needs you, say hi to him from me"
"You're the best!" Donghae announced as they hugged and kissed goodbye
"I know" Hyukjae winked and opened the door "Call me will you?"
"Always hun" Donghae answered and kissed the older one last time "Love you"
"Love you too" Hyukjae said and left.
Donghae sighted happily, he was probably the luckiest man on earth. His smiled faded when he remembered Jungsu.

*****

He returned to his room. Jungsu had moved to his lay on his side, still sobbing softly. Donghae laid down beside him and put his arm around his waist "Hyukkie says hi"
Jungsu's voice was strangely stable when he spoke "You should have gone, he's your boyfriend after all"
Donghae tightened his grip on the older "And you're my best friend, I could never had been able to enjoy that meal knowing you were hurting"
"Thank you" Jungsu said. He had stopped crying now and breathed deeply to calm himself.
"Wanna tell me what's up?"
Donghae could feel the older tense and he started to sob again. Donghae pulled him even closer to him, putting his head on the older's shoulder "Now, now" he said soothingly "Don't cry Teukie. Tell me what happened"
Jungsu was crying so hard he couldn't speak but after a few minutes, when the worst was over he said with an unsteady voice "It hurts"
Donghae stroked his hand soothingly over Jungsu stomach "What hurts" he asked softly
"My heart!" he almost shouted and buried his face in his hands
"Why does it hurt?" Donghae continues to talk slow and soft trying to calm the elder.