CHAPTER 29

Twist

Tenma's POV 

Soon after Tsurugi and I entered the restaurant, to my bewilderment Aoi, (y/n)-chan, Midori-senpai and Akane-senpai showed up quite C-O-I-N-C-D-E-N-T-A-L-L-Y.

I looked back and forth between Tsurugi and (y/n) and suddenly it clicked. The realization crept through my body. THIS WAS ALL PRE-PLANNED. I was a pawn in their game. 

I wanted to run away but we ended having a dinner together. They talked about the next coming match about which I was so excited only a couple of minutes ago and now I just kept sulking in the corner remaining quite.

(Y/n)-chan excused herself and ran away to find her cellphone which she probably left at a shop. Right after her went Tsurugi to help her. As soon as he left Midori-senpai and Akane-senpai excused themselves too. They probably saw an old friend of theirs. My phone beeped. I took it out of my pocket, it was a text from Tsurugi and (y/n)-chan.

Tsurugi said: 

Come on Tenma! You can do it! Just think of it as a soccer game you gotta win. This is a piece of cake. Confess to her or else........ you know me enough to understand what I am going to do with you otherwise, don't you? And yes inform me once you are done we'll all come back.

I sweat dropped. Next was (y/n)'s, she said:

Tenma she loves you believe me, she just never said that but it doesn't matter. My hinches are never wrong. Hit on her my boy and make me proud! I know you can do this Tenma. Best of luck!

I wanted to smash my head on the table but controlled the urge. If someone is to think of me as a freak who plans to kill his best friends they are most welcome now because I want to kill TSURUGI AND (Y/N). 

I nervously shoved phone back in my pocket. I looked around me, everywhere except Aoi. Couple of minutes passed but none of us dared to break the silence. I was nervous as hell.

Finally Aoi stood up, "Excuse me.... I-I-I need to....." She was saying and I cut her righ through it.

"Matte ........ Kudasai! ( Wait please)" I blurted out and grabbed her hand.

She glanced at our hands and I let go. She sat down rather reluctantly. I looked down and took a deep breath.

" Aoi I never knew it was going to be this awkward between us someday, if it wasn't for Tsurugi and (y/n) I don't think I would have any chance to talk to you." I said.

She remained quiet. I reached out to the shopping bags and took out the box of almond chocolates. I held them out to her.

"I am really sorry for yesterday Aoi, it was an accident, believe me I didn't do anything." I said and looked up to her face for the first time, a small smile appeared on her face.

"It's okay Tenma, I know it's not your fault." She said and she took the almond chocolate box from my hands. "You remembered these? I thought you have forgotten about how much I like almond chocolates." She added.

" I haven't forgotten, not a single thing about our childhood I still remember that day when we were playing soccer in the park and due to my kick you fell and scrapped your knee and as an apology I had to buy you the same almond chocolates I bought today. These have been our apology gift since a long time, aren't they Aoi?" I said.

"But I still never understood how you got liking to these? You used to hate them but one day I saw you eating a box full of these." She asked me with a chuckle.