CHAPTER 34

After the Match

Y/n's POV:

After the match everyone gathered around me, some praised me, some looked at me like I was a deity and some with mischievous smirks playing on their lips and evilness dripping from their eyes. 

I tried my best to get out of the spotlight but as if they'd leave me alone. Tenma was nudging me in the ribs every now and then and Aoi along with the other two managers was shooting me sly glances and smiling at me. Hinting the obvious, MY SO SYNCHRONIZED PLAY WITH MY BOYFRIEND! 

After few days of drama from my side and a bit from his too no one expected us to play like that in the match and it was now that I realized that everyone including Endou- San and Kidou-Kantoku were worried about the fact of the two of us playing in the same match. Endou-San encouraged me to play instead of dropping me out of the game plan like he was willing to do a week back. He knew I would end up realizing important things by the end of this match, he knew soccer would connect his and mine emotions, and he was right. 

Right after the match ended I followed Tsurugi to the hallways and bandaged his bruised leg for him and told him that I was willing to listen to his side of story. I had been unreasonable on the matter, but imagine yourself in my place, You lost your memories, you got dragged into a dimension and started living with a person you so loved and he never told you about your origin, he never told you where you came from and he never told you who you were. And one day you get your memory back and realize that someone precious has been hiding something so important from you. Wouldn't you be mad?

Everyone made a quick plan to meet up at a Ramen restaurant at six in the evening. We were supposed to meet up at school after going home to refresh ourselves and from there we would go to the Ramen shop. The treat was on Endou-san and Kidou-Kantoku, in remembrance of their days with Hibiki-Kantoku as Inazuma Eleven. 

I went off with Tenma, he and Aoi were acting normally as if nothing has happened in the past few days. I wondered if Tenma gave up on her and told her that it was okay if she didn't love him back? Knowing Tenma, he would do the stupid attempt and knowing Aoi, she would stay quiet and follow the flow of wind. Aoi loves him and he is a blind ass to not see that. Basically its not Tenma's fault, he did propose her, what is wrong with Aoi? Why didn't she tell him that she loves him too? I made a mental note to talk to Aoi on this matter.

Tenma, Aoi and me walked to home together, when we were about to go our separate ways I asked Aoi if I could accompany her which she approved. Tenma gave ma a weird look which clearly stated that he was suspicious of me. I ignored him and walked with Aoi to her house.

"So Aoi?" I called her as we walked.

"Umm What is it?" She asked me calmly.

"Tenma proposed you right?" I inquired and she froze for a moment in the middle of her tread. I turned around to look at her face. She tried to recompose her features and contemplated over my question before answering.

"y-y-yeah, he d-did." she answered shortly and started walking again but at a higher pace, I took long steps to catch up with her.

"So why did you reject him? Don't you love him too? Is my best friend that much unworthy of your love?" I demanded and the authority in my rising voice made her stop again and look at me. I looked back in her eyes daring her to say something. She looked away and opened her mouth to say something but closed it. Her eyes started glistening with tears and I took a step towards her  and placed my hand on her shoulder in comfort.