kitchen counter [s]

Full of spice

Age 17

When Joyce and Hopper finally tied the knot, the Byers and Hopper families had sold both their houses to buy a bigger one together.

Joyce and Hopper were out on a lunch date, Jonathon and Nancy were together and Will was hanging out with the party. But El Hopper was not in the mood to hang out, so on that particular day she opted to stay at home instead.

She lay in her bed scribbling scrawny letters into her notebook, doodling to pass the time.

A knock at the door startled her as she assumed it was her oldest step-brother returning from his escapades away with Nancy. Sighing, El hauled her body off her bed and ran down the stairs. She would have used her powers, but couldn't risk it as it could be a postman or neighbour and they couldn't find out about her powers.

She unlocked the chain and threw the door open when she saw a mass of thick black, curly locks through the tiny window in the wooden door.

"Hi Mike" she grinned, pulling him inside before he'd even said a word.

Embracing her in a tight hug, Mike buried his head in her head and sniffed in her scent.

"I thought you were hanging out with the party" El mumbled into his neck.

Mike didn't pull away as he replied, "well I was, but when Will showed up without you and said you were here alone, I made an excuse and left as soon as I could"

El smirked at him. It wasn't like he was just dumping their friends for no reason. I mean, he was, but to Mike, El was a worthy reason. Ever since moving house, the couple rarely had time alone like they used to. Mike's house was already a circus, seeing as he was one of three siblings. And now El had left the peaceful little cabin, her house was equally as chaotic.

So at any opportunity to spend time alone, they snatched it and made the most of it.

Mike leaned down to kiss her desperately, craving her lips. El smiled into the kiss, having missed his company as much as he had missed her. El pulled off Mike's coat using her powers so she didn't have to break their kiss, and hung it on the rack before stumbling backwards into the living room and kitchen.

El groaned in minor pain as her back slammed into the counter and her hands rested on the cold surface behind her. El stood her legs slightly further apart so mike could step between them, pressing their bodies even closer than they were before.

Mike trailed his kisses to her jawbone gently, "how long will everyone be out for?" He spoke between kisses with a seductive tone.

El sighed and pulled back enough to look him in the eyes, "not long enough to risk what you have in mind unfortunately" knowing for well how horny her boyfriend was. "But..." she trailed off. She daintily ran her index finger along his jaw, down his chin. "We could still have fun"

Mike groaned, "El" he couldn't bare her seductive tone when he knew for well they wouldn't be able to continue further. Looks like he'll be taking a long, cold shower tonight. "Just come here and let me kiss you"

El obliged, pulling her face towards his to join their lips.

Mike ran his hands down her sides, over her bum and rested them on her upper thighs. In one swift movement, El jumped up onto the kitchen counter behind her.

He took a step forward as she spread her legs and wrapped them around Mike as he stood closer. His hands held her waist securely and hers tossed through his hair roughly. Forgetting what El had told him only moments ago, he tugged her pink top over her head and then replaced his hands where they rested above her hips.

El introduced her tongue into the kiss, tracing Mike's lip with it, only driving Mike to get more excited. He left her lips momentarily to leave a trail of hickeys from El's jaw to collar bone. He tenderly kissed the skin between her breasts that was exposed by her bra and left a small bruise there too.

Moaning from his touch, El aggressively dragged Mike's head back up from her chest, pulling him into her lips again- hard.

"Oh Jesus!"

The couple pulled apart hastily as they turned to see Hopper and Joyce in the doorway.

Hopper groaned, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose while Joyce blushed and averted her eyes from the teenagers who were sorting themselves out. Mike grabbed El's shirt from the floor behind him and watched as she tugged it over her heard. She flattened her hair a bit and then smoothed Mike's black hair down for him.

When they were decent, they turned towards the older couple and blushed.

"Hi dad, hey Joyce" El squeaked.

"Yeah... er hi" Hopper said. He looked up at his daughter. Part of him wanted to drag Mike out by his neck and shoot him for touching his daughter like that. However, he also realised that she was a young woman. Not a child. He was well aware that El was 17 and he didn't want to be the one to stop her growing up.

So instead of yelling like everyone expected, Hopper sighed, "could you not do, that, on the counter where I make my food"

Both the teens visibly relaxed and El even dared to snicker, "You mean where Joyce makes your food. You can't cook to save your life"

Hopper rolled his eyes, "Uh huh. Very funny. But in all seriousness I do not want to see that, ok? It's hard enough for your old dad to deal with you having a boyfriend at all, I don't need to walk into my kitchen to see that. Can't you guys go somewhere else?"

Joyce stared at Hopper in surprise. Mike tried his luck, "I mean, we could go up to your bedroom El?" He whispered into her her smirking as he purposely said it loud enough for both the adults to hear.

Hopper paled. "No! No, no, no. Not happening when I'm in the house. I don't want to hear about that. I don't what to know about that. And I sure as hell don't want to ever see that"

Mike smirked at Hopper, placing his arm around El's shoulders, "come on El, lets go to mine, I think my mums yoga class will start in about half an hour so we'll be alone after that"

El smirked back at him, kissing his cheek before saying, "sure, see you later dad, by Joyce"

And the couple flounced out the door, leaving Hopper stunned into silence while his wife sat him down on the couch to give him time to think- or rather forget.