Chapter 16

The next day, after work I texted Sarah.

Me: “Thanks to you, I had really nice conversations with the kids. They asked what that purple mark on my neck is and if I'm hurt. 🙄 So there I was trying to find a lie. THANKS PAULSON.”

I was a little bit annoyed, because of the situation and stressed. Luckily my boss didn't noticed anything. I made me something to eat and prepared my stuff for the next day. My phone buzzed and I saw that Sarah texted me back.

S🖤 “I'm so sorry. What did you told them? Are you mad at me? It seems like you were 😢. Tomorrow you can cover it.”

Me: “I told them, that I got hit by a door. I had luck that my boss and the teachers didn't noticed anything. Or, if they noticed, they were polite enough to say nothing. I'm a little bit annoyed, but not with you at all. More like with the whole situation. I'm really shy and that hickey is really private 👀. But I get a tingle when I see it in a mirror.”

S🖤: “Thank God you're not mad 😳 Kids can be assholes 🙊 Oh I know this feeling, I'm feeling it too. I can still feel your lips on my neck 💋 But I had not that much luck, like you. My coworkers asked me from where I got the hickey. They even asked if I am back with Holland 🙄”

I blushed at first, but as I read the last sentence I got angry.

Me: “Please tell me you didn't told them, that you're back with Holland 😒” I sent the message but wrote another.

Me: “Are you flirting with me, Lady Paulson?”

I couldn't smile, because I was so angry. I waited for Sarah to reply, but nothing came. That made me even angrier. Luckily I had a punching back in my workroom. I changed into some sport clothes and let my aggressive feelings out. After an hour I still punched the bag, but I got interrupted by my phone. I picked it up and saw that Sarah called me through FaceTime. I rolled my eyes but answered it. “What” I said a little bit out of breath and angry. Sarah looked confused and asked

“What's wrong? And what did you do, you're sweating.”