ii. Friendship Dilemma

( FRIENDSHIP DILEMMA )

✧*

     FRIENDSHIPS WEREN'T SOMETHING Belle is used to. During the school year, the only person she spends time with is Ginny (and Hannah and Ernie, but they aren't best friends, you know?); and that isn't smart, because they are both in different years, and they don't have any classes together. Not only that, they are both in different houses, so the only time they have together is on weekends. And in the summer holidays, Belle is often either spending time with her family (which didn't happen often, her parents worked at the ministry and are extremely busy) or spending her time alone. At times, it is lonely, but Grimmauld Place has been a different experience.

     The house was strange, to say the least. As Mrs Weasley said, the house is absolutely filthy. Not only that, they've come in contact with an elf called Kreacher, who is just as filthy as the house is. Belle hasn't met many elves in her lifetime, as her parents don't have one at home, and didn't feel as if it was necessary to have one. She feels sympathetic towards Kreacher's situation, as he has been living all alone for years since Sirius was locked away. And Sirius was quite strange, too. He only briefly said hi when they were first introduced, and he hasn't spoken to her or Amelia since they were wary of him, although Ginny explained the whole situation.

     The first few days of their stay, Mrs Weasley was ordering them various tasks to do. And like she said when Belle and Amelia arrived, they'd be cleaning and decontaminating out each room in the Black house. While Amelia assumed it would be boring and almost said no, she immediately changed her mind when she saw Ginny helping out and rushed to have a conversation with her. When Belle attempted to join in, she was automatically brushed off by her sister, which lead her to clean out the other side of the room, feeling a little upset. 

     "Is your sister in love with Ginny? It's like she's glued to her or something," Ron appears next to Belle while she's clearing out one of the draws in the room. She looks around at her little sister and best friend, who seem to be in deep conversation. Her sister's friendship with Ginny, and her habit of purposefully making sure she wasn't in the picture, slightly bothered her, but she pushed those thoughts out of her head. At least Amelia wasn't pulling a tantrum.

     "You might be onto something. She did break up with her, what was it, fourth boyfriend this year? That might be the reason for it." Belle replies, looking up at Ron, who is opening up the drawer beside hers. It's weird, the fact that he is coming to talk to her since they haven't spoken much in the whole three years she'd been friends with Ginny. She thought back to when she'd had a brief crush on him — the first summer she came over to Ginny's house for a sleepover. Watching his determination while playing quidditch stood out to her, but obviously, that crush faded as they never really interacted during the school year.