ix. Belles Constant Worry

( BELLE'S CONSTANT WORRY )

✧*

     "IT CAN'T BE ANYTHING BAD, CAN IT?" Belle says, looking between Ginny and Amelia, who look as if they don't have much to say — or can't think of anything to say. "Can it?" she whispers, unsure of what to think. If it was bad, someone would have told them, right? If something has happened to their parents, someone would know, but she isn't sure if that is the truth. With everything going on, is anyone really worried about their parents at all, or thinking of them, except for their daughters? When Mrs Weasley was informed of their worry, she simply told them to wait and she'll let them know if something happens. But Belle doesn't think that Mrs Weasley would know if something bad did happen.

     "It seems to me like something has happened to dad, Belle. What are we going to do?" says Amelia, tears forming in her eyes. Belle immediately reaches out to comfort her sister.

     "You could send a letter to my mum again?" Ginny suggests, looking at her, and she shakes her head.

     "Letters are intercepted now, I don't want Umbridge reading it," If Umbridge knew anything about The Order, it would be all her fault.

     "And last time she did nothing, she'll probably tell us not to worry again," Amelia says, looking more annoyed than sad at this point. 

     Belle looks at Ginny, who is ready to defend her mother, but doesn't once she catches Belle's eyes. As much as she knows Mrs Weasley didn't mean anything by it, it doesn't mean that it didn't come off the way it did. "What about Dumbledore, he's in the order, so?" Ginny suggests again.

     Going to Dumbledore seems like an impossible option and one that isn't necessary. Or is it? She isn't sure. If her mother had given her something else to go off of, like telling them they're in danger, that would make going to Dumbledore something they should do. But all she said was for them to throw all of their father's letters away, and that doesn't mean they are in danger. 

     "Amelia, we'll figure it out, okay? I think I'll go to...Professor Sprout. I know she isn't in the order, but maybe she'll be able to help? And we should send mum back a letter, I think." says Belle, and Amelia visibly relaxes.

     "I'll send her the letter right now, then! And she can get back to us in the morning." Amelia responds before turning and leaving towards the stairs, and Belle feels as if their mother won't be responding by tomorrow morning. She turns to Ginny.

     "Why did they have to go on that stupid mission?" she says, and Ginny pulls her into a hug. 

     "I know," Ginny replies, rubbing her back. She could use another slice of chocolate cake.