Chapter 1 ~ The Voice

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

 ~Marilyn Monroe

~*~

Chapter 1

**Aria POV**

(http://www.polyvore.com/great_escape/set?id=59973578)

"ARIA BAILEY HUGHES GET YOUR ASS BACK IN THIS HOUSE!"

I wince as I run faster toward the car with James at my side. I readjust my nike duffel bag on my shoulder. I look back at my mother to see her face red with anger, her arms shaking with anger at her side.

Yep, the wicked witch of the west is on her broom. What is she going to do? Turn me into a freaking flying monkey? Actually that would be kinda cool to be a flying monkey. Just cursing in the sky flinging poop at people.....

I snap out of my stupid thoughts of being a flying monkey as I scramble into the car, opening the passenger door for James. I go through a mental list in my head when I realize I forgot my most important prized possession; my guitar.

"CRAP!" I yell hitting the car wheel as the horn goes off, giving me a heart attack. I cannot leave my guitar behind; it's like not eating nutella or ice cream during a break up.

I hop out of the car and run toward my house; or hell I like to call it.

"So you decided to come back," the witch says smirking evilly at me. I just ignore her and sprint back up to my room and grab my guitar. Before leaving I take one last look of my room. Then I decided to write my mother a sweet, heartfelt note:

Dear mother,

I need you to answer these questions,

Does my dust smell good?

Does my ass look good while running from you?

Kiss my ass,

Aria xoxoxox

I grin as I run down the stairs. This will show her she doesn't own me. I'm my own person. I'm 18 now and I'll do whatever the hell I want.

Point for Aria and girls around the world.

I turn around the corner and suddenly I scream in pain as my eyes sting in pain. I take a step back and run into a wall, knocking down pictures.

"AHHHH!" I scream rubbing my eyes. Through my blurry vision I see my witch of a mother holding a cain of pepper spray. Did she really just do that? Does she know who I am?

I am the sheriff's daughter bitch that's who I am.

I kick her in the shine and run past her, but not before she grabs my foot, knocking me to the ground.

"EIA!" I yell as my mother's grip tightens on my leg. As soon as I yell it my German Shepard James comes running in toward me. He tilts his head in confusion at me for a minute till I yell, "AUXILIO!"

Then sweet James's eyes turn narrow as he turns to full attack mode on my so called mother. The words I had spoken to my dog are Latin. Eia means come. Auxilio means help. My father thought it would be a good idea to train James's with Latin words rather than English.