Chapter 11

My father's words were unmistakably incredulous, if it were not for his accurate guess of what I have experienced these past days. The ambience of the room just got even heavier, to the point where I almost need to breathe manually. Voracious of his explanation, I need not wait any moment further.
He took a deep breath, then said "Judging from your reactions, it looks like you've been into situations where the time seemingly...misbehaved. It did not, rather be it just followed the desire of an individual who possesses the curse–you." he explained.
"F-Followed my desire?" I asked albeit being as discombobulated as ever.
"Time only reflected your emotions, became a means to suit your behest."  he further elucidated.
All of this sudden revelations were not sitting well with my already exhausted mind. I took a few seconds to lean back and lean on the chair for a while. After barely wrapping my head around everything and my father just awaiting my response, I finally spoke
"Wait a minute, You said my 'ability' is a curse, but you've mentioned it as if its a power I could use to the extent of my wishes." I queried him.
He left my question hanging, and became silent. After a few moments of speechlessness, he finally opened his mouth
"That is exactly why it is a curse because every predecessor of the curse fell victim to that way of thinking" he said in a morbid tone. "I think it will be clearer to you if I explain the origin of our conundrum" he suggested maintaining the same tone.
"A tale whose origin I do not know of, has been passed down for generations, depicting the ancestry of the curse. It portrays a young girl, who once encountered an artifact that is said to have existed before our world, witnessing all epochs. She one day picked up the gemstone from its tranquil stillness, and invoked the gemstone's puissance upon her. When it's blinding beam was about to strike her, her acquaintance moved her out of the way. However, as a drawback of saving her, the curse transferred to him. The boy who was struck in place of her was said to be our ancestor, and we are but victims of his adversity." my father narrated  to cathartically.
"Does mom know about this?" I asked him ignoring my perplexity.
"No." he denied immediately. "In fact, the reason my relationship with your mother was tainted in the first place was because of the curse. It caused me some... unwanted matters." he added with his frequent gloomy tone.
Somehow, I am starting to adjust to his confessions. I halted in asking him and started to connect the dots on my own. He stood up and went to get himself a glass of cold water, whilst I took the chance to contemplate for a while. When he got back, I resumed my series of inquiries.
"If this curse is somewhat hereditary then, this means you've been through this right? Does that mean you have this ability too?" I boldly asserted.
"No, only one individual can possess the curse at a time." he answered. "I don't encounter them anymore, but you shouldn't get your hopes up. If you think I found a loophole, you're gravely mistaken. Once the curse has stopped bothering you it only means your fate is sealed. Once it commences, it never finish."  he answered vaguely.
A sudden earnestness enveloped me, and I knew I had to hear what he was going to say next.
"Son, I may have not found a loophole in this curse, but there is still a slim chance of you discovering something no one has been able to in our bloodline. During my time bearing the curse, I was clueless of this scourge, but now I've discovered something interesting. Everytime you, even unintentionally, control time, the gemstone is near. You must find it and see what you can find." he said instructing me.
I somehow felt relieved after that, but there were still questions in my mind.
"But dad, how did find out all this? And what do you mean by my fate is sealed by the time the curse stop?" I blurted.
He opened his mouth to speak, but he suddenly froze. I was alerted and hastily looked at the clock in the dining room. It was working. I turned back my attention to him. He was completely frozen just like that, when suddenly a deluge of stinging sensations emerged from all over my body. I could not move not even a hair's thread. I was stuck there with my eyes locked at my father, when after a split second, he disappeared. The sensation faded and I regained control of my body. My father vanished into thin air, but instead of panicking I knew what this implies. I stood up from my chair, and searched the house upside down. I turned it into a complete mess, but I was desperate. After searching in vain, I decided to go outside. I planned to go to his garden, when a flash caught my attention. It came from the grass, so I hurriedly went to it. When I got to it up-close, it was a blue, glowing rock. It has a bizarre feel to it. There was no doubt needed.
"I found you" I said while holding the gemstone, foretold by my father.