Chapter 13

I could hear the sounds of birds chirping, children's clamor, and a woman's voice that appears to be near me.
"Cole? Cole!"Aunt Beth raised her voice, snapping me back to my senses. "You were going to say something?" she asked me, as I seem to have been halted in my sentence.
I went back in time. I looked at Aunt Beth, then at Troy and Yvonne, and at every direction. I was back at the time just moments before my mother would be subjected into a then what would have been a tragedy.
"I-I was just going to ask if I should go get mom?" I nervously and hesitantly replied. My soul aches because it refuses to face and do what I must do.
"I think there would be no need for that anymore. I can see her already!" Aunt Beth replied with enthusiasm as she waves to my mother.
I could remember that I turned around to face her when this happened, but instead my body would not move and I tremble at the thought of it. Still, despite being against the deity, I had to do it. I have to turn around, and correct the alterations of destiny I made. So, I turned around slowly, and when my head finally looked at her direction, she was already crossing the road. A loud horn was audible, and it was even stentorian than it was before. I looked at her terrified face, and the trembling of my body was tenfold of hers. I screamed even louder than before, while tears could not stop running out of my eyes. All of a sudden, in the heat of things, I noticed time halted all motion, like it did before. The ultimate decision was now in my hands. I took a step forward, then stopped immediately. I was wiping my tears uncontrollably. I was in absolute hysteria, I felt seclusion even in I am surrounded by crowds; crowds that are detached to me by time. I looked at my mother one last time, and my mind was overflowing with rampant questions of what should I do and my heart is shattering as my soul is crying.
I sniffled, then said "I-I can't do this, whoever has the heart to let their mother die! This is too much for me! Even for someone that has to correct destiny, this is way out of my league!" I pleaded to the deity ardently. However, he shows me no response.
I knew time would begin to resume any moment now, I stood up and slapped my head on both sides with both of my hands, attempting to clear my mind.
"I need to choose now" I said to myself as I refrain from weeping.
I carefully weighed things, and of course took also the people that would be affected, regardless of their connection to me. The deity's words haunt me, contributing to my perplexity. I looked at my mother once more, I saw her in a state of despair, one I would have wished for her to never be in. Poignance swelled up in my chest, melancholy enshrouds me. Things were starting to move again, so I mustered every shred of courage and sanity I have, and said
"I love you, mom. We'll always do" I said to her in the most fervid manner I have in my life, as I stood helpless, finally accepting the fact that no one, even I, whom carries this power, can ever dare to challenge and change destiny without having any substantial aftermath.
I was witnessing everything from the other side of the road. Things slowly going back in motion again, and so is the speeding car. I chose to burn this torturous sight into my mind, in hopes that it will be ever-so pungent to me, and remind me always of the consequences I have brought myself, in case this curse never goes away. Now, I finally understand why this is a curse. Such power, even if it is technically possible to use for my endeavors, will in the end cause me more retrogressions than benefits.
"Time is absolute" I murmured to myself remembering what our physics instructor told us. Now, it has a whole other meaning to it.
However, a sudden change of events happened. A tall pedestrian, quicker than lightning, ran and grabbed my mother to their side of the road. The car sprinted and eventually bumped into the wall of an under-construction building. It was unforeseen. I hurriedly ran towards my mother and the hero who saved my mother. When I got to them, I saw my mother in absolute shock and in tears, so I went to hug her and comfort her. After a few seconds of catching his breath, the man, who was on all fours and looking down, showed his appearance to us.
"Are you alright, Diane?" the man asked us with intervals of panting.
She gasped quite audibly and covered her mouth with her hands, while I replied
"Dad?"  I responded with skepticism, but it was undoubtedly his visage. I guess this sequence of events was just not that one I prepared myself for.
Then, a blinding light conquered my eyes, and when it was gone, I was back in the dimension of strings, with the deity. Before I could even look around, his voice seemingly grabbed my senses.
"Do you now see what it brings you to just follow the natural flow?" he once again counseled me. "Take a look around you, this is what you would supposed to have destroyed" he dictated me, as beams of faint light scatters from his body towards all directions.
I was fascinated of this place's order now. There were strings which now imitates the flow of a river, strings resembling the gustily winds. Unlike before when I thought they just followed a random order and gather, each string now assembles to form a Brobdingnagian network that extends beyond the limits of our sight. Strings of different colors makes figures, which when seen altogether, looks like the most beautiful chef d'oeuvre there is.
"This is the true form of this place" the deity said, interrupting my embezzlement. "The faint light that plunged out of me earlier now forms shapes of people. Each of them is bound by a yellow string to the main network. Green strings connect other strings, blue laces intertwine me to each individual, and finally the red strings, which entangles two individuals together. Such is the true beauty of the strings of fate." he explained to me while I was just awed by the sight.
There was no doubt that I now did the right thing, yet there were obscure details to me.
"How did my father got there?" I asked as I turn to him from my fascination.
"He was always with you" he answered right off the bat. "Since he got separated from you, he has always observed your whole family from afar, especially you, anticipating the time you will finally command time. This is why he was there when your confidant died, because he already confirmed the first time when it was your mother who did." he further unriddled.
"Thou hast fulfilled thy devoir, and now thou shall be free" he blurted unanticipatedly.
"What do you mean?" I asked as I was taken aback of his statement.
"You shall be free, in all essence of the curse. Your ability, and so are your memories" he answered, demystifying his words earlier. "You shall remember not a thing, neither the gemstone nor anything related to it." he further clarified.
"R-Really?" I responded with inflections in my voice for I was in disbelief of what he had said.
Next thing that transpired, as his bright light was devouring everything, and I heard him chant

Prison of Time, rods of years
Held captive in eons, witnessed rivers of tears

Endless cycle of affliction, excluded of exhilaration
Burden of thy erstwhile generation

Thou hast beseeched, thy orison is heeded
Freedom, now in thou, casted