Chapter 10 : Something

taehyung

What would you do if an angel told you to jump off the edge of cliff?

Would you listen, and fall without question?

That's what I did. I jumped on my own will and now I'm falling into something that I don't even know. Is this what it feels like to be free? To make my own choices?

To be with Jessica?

My hands wrap around her tiny waist, pulling her petite frame closer to mine. She makes a soft noise that almost sounds like a mewl, and her once hesitant hands move up to my shoulders and interweave themselves behind my neck, closing every inch of space between us. My head is spinning out of it's axis and it almost feels like I'm flying.

Oh, how I've dreamt of her soft pink lips on mine, but none of those fantasies even come close to reality. She tastes like fruit, and I find myself delving to taste more of her, biting her lip and making her gasp softly so I can explore her with my tongue. I've never kissed like this before; I'm not desperately grabbing her boob or trying to tongue fuck her. No, I'm just going with the flow, letting her take me as far as she wants, wherever she wants.

It's a soft, natural type of kiss. And unlike the others, I don't know what it means.

(A part of me wonders what Jessica is thinking; why she's doing this; and what this means for our relationship.)

Jessica's hands grip my hair, tugging softly. Fuck. For a girl as pure as her, she sure knows how to make a guy hard.

"Taehyung." She half moans, half purrs. And I'm about to groan her name back in response when everything stops.

She harshly pulls and backs away, almost stumbling. And I'm no longer falling, instead I'm crashing into the cold hard ground and that's when everything clicks back into place for me.

What just happened?

What the fuck did I just do?!

"Oh my fucking god," I can still feel her lips on mine and it makes my stomach turn. "I just kissed my best friend's girlfriend."

I hear her voice; it sounds like she wants to cry. "And I just kissed my boyfriend's best friend."

The high's over, and we both are crashing into reality full force.

"Oh myㅡI'm such a horrible ㅡperson." Jessica's crying now. I can hear the sobs in between her words and it's breaking my heart.

But I don't look at her. I can't.

"Jungkook's ㅡhe's gonna hate me ㅡwhat have I done?" She sobs.

When I hear her say his name, everything halts.

Jungkook...he'll hate me too.

No no no. That can't happen.

I won't allow it to happen.

"Jungkook doesn't need to know." This is wrong. I know it. But I just can't lose my best friend.

I chose a girl over my best friend and the reality of it is beginning to sink in. I threw away years of friendship for a kiss and although I don't regret it, it doesn't stop the pile of guilt from settling in my gut.