Chapter 12 : Jungkook's Fault

taehyung

        I wake up to the sound of a pounding on the door.

    If this were a Sunday, I would have shut the sound out and gone back to a peaceful sleep since my mother is around and can answer the door herself. But alas, this is a Saturday, and I'm the only one in this two-storey house.

      Grumbling a bunch of curses, I slowly detach myself from the bed like it has some sort of magnetic pull on me (it probably does) and make my way to the front door downstairs. With every step I take the pounding gets louder and my head hurts even more.

       "For fuck's sake, I'm coming! Godamn." I twist the keys and swing the door open, about to chew out whoever dared to come to my house at what, eight in the morning?

      Jungkook drops his fist down and pit his hands in his pockets, glaring at me. "Why weren't you picking your calls, you fucking moron?"

        "Okay, first of all, don't make me hit you. Second of all, why the hell are you here at eight in the morning?"

        He gives me an incredulous look. "Bro, it's almost twelve."

        "That...doesn't change anything."

       The younger boy rolls his eyes, pushing past me and sitting on my couch like he lives here, and I'm not bothered becase in a way he does. Some of his clothes are here, he has his own toothbrush here, and mom usually includes his preferences in her shopping plans.

          The boy feels like he's my adopted brother sometimes.

       "Why did you come?" I ask. "And why were you knocking so hard? You do realise there's a doorbell."

         "I know you disable that shit from 1 am to 1 pm on Saturdays."

       And I oopㅡ "Oh yeah.." 

     For a moment, he's silent. I watch him as he plays with his fingers, something he does when he doesn't know how to start an important conversation.

     For what exact reason is he here? Did something bad happen?

      "Dude, 뭐예요? [what is it?] Is there something wrong?"

     His eyes snap up to meet mine, and for a split second I see anger flare in his expression.

     Is he mad at me? What did I do?

     Then it's gone, and Jungkook sighs.

        And he drops the bomb.

       "Were you not going to tell me about you and Lola?"

        My eyes snap wide open, no longer sleepy. Me and Lola? He knows?

        The first question that runs through my head is what do you know then who told you,  but I discard it because the answers are obvious. He's probably talking about our public makeout session. And we were in the street near the school, so anyone could have seen it and spread gossip.

       Or Jimin ratted me out.

        It's more likely the latter.

       It almost feels like a hole is burning through my face with the way Jungkook gazes at me. The air becomes thicker than it should be on a day as hot as this, and for a moment I can't even speak.

      What do I say? How do I explain it to him when I'm not even able to explain it to myself?

       What's going on between me and Lola?